The Cedar --- Lebanese Fare

The Cedar Restaurant. I've been meaning to give this place a plug. It offers very, very delicious Lebanese food. Not only is the food outstanding, but their beer, which they brew themselves, is excellent (10% alcohol, too, and packs quite a little wallop). It's on Sukhumvit Soi 49, JUST up a ways from Samitivej Hospital, a short way down the first little subsoi on the left after passing the hospital (there's a sign noticeable on the soi). This is from their website:

Sukhumvit Soi 49/9 (near Samitiwej Hospital)

Daily, 6pm to midnight

Open for lunch on Sundays

Telephone: 391-4482

And here IS their website:

http://www.thecedar.20m.com

The Lebanese owner is very friendly, and he also owns a Thai restaurant back in Beirut.

The Cedar definitely has the Siam Sam Seal of Approval.

While we're on the topic of Lebanese food, let me give my own plug to Moody's Place, in the small sub-soi across from Foodland on Sukhumvit Soi 5.

It's not as fancy (or expensive) as The Cedar, but the food tastes just as good (maybe better?). Try the mezzes (Lebanese appetizers: felafel, taboulli, hoummos, etc.) and the grilled meats, which are all outstanding.

The owner, the affable Mr. Moody, is a Lebanese gourmand who has lived in Thailand for years. He doesn't brew his own beer, but he has all the usual brands and they are mighty cold, too. He also has a good selection of Lebanese arak (the licorice-flavored liqueur that is similar to Ouzo).

Siam Sam, have you tried Moody's yet? If you haven't, give it a try and let us know what you think.

No, I don't think so, but I know there are a lot of little Middle Eastern eateries back in there. I've been to one, but do not believe it was Moody's. Will hit it sometime and get back to you. smile.gif

• 5 months later...

Archived