New lodgings in Pattaya

rookie

Looks nice the place. How big is the pool and how is the fitness room? Do they have anyone assisting in the fitness room? Can't really tell much about the pool from the pictures besides that it seems to be round?! smile.gif

Cheers,

Tycona.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stayed there in april nice place BUT........they are dreamin if they think they will attract customers when at 1200-1500. there is just too much competition along soi diana, they tried the same price hike during sonkram festival........and they couldent draw flies. There are 3 brand new hotels within spitting distance of Areac all in the 500 baht range.

the gym is very small and not well equipped,,,,,,,,also they charge for the use of the sauna i kinda found that strange.

..."Are you sure It means they bulldozed all the laundry and little businesses. Just wondering.... "

Nope, not the small shops that line the side of the road opposite the Areca Hotel, but just behind them and fronting on Soi Bua Khao. There is already construction and the site area is about 100 meters square.

I don't mean to be morbid, but did you guys hear about the guy who fell/jumped/was pushed off fifth floor last month? I'm thinking about staying there in November and only thing that worries me is potential BG ghost fears. It won't stop me though.

Hub

I just left from staying there...definately a nice hotel...but certainly not worth the 1200 to 1500 Baht they plan to hike it too. The pool is very good. I needed a place to stay that would allow me to "really" swim in (like laps...guess I became kind of famous as the guy who was always doing lap in the early morning and late afternoon).

The staff is quite young...sort of like their first hotel job - feeling. Very sparse gym - couple of bike machines and weights.

I would advise an extra lock to put on their safety deposit boxes as they are available to all to get at.

Their room furniture and lounge furniture wasn't all that comfortable...

It is clean and new...beds are comfortable and they are guest friendly.

Those were just a few small minor negatives...I liked the place and would stay there again...but not for 1200 to 1500 baht...

Archived