New lodgings in Pattaya

rookie

Pink Lady (the restaurant and souvenir shop) and most of the other neighbouring shops are gone. I've seen guys dismantling the ceiling tiles just a couple of days ago. The only place with business going on in is the beer bar on the corner of Soi Diana Inn and Soi Bua Khaow.

Seems like a lot of small businesses on Soi Bua Khaow had their contracts expired or anulled as they have been demolished. Land prices are really going through the roof and I guess the land owners are taking advantage and selling at premium prices.

Decent alternative to Areca is Bliss Mansion, just next to Areca. Stayed there last year and paid 400 baht a night. Breakfast included? Dunno as I tend to get up late every day.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Breakfast included? Dunno as I tend to get up late every day.

--------------------

LOL. Can't count the times i went to Apex or Lek for the buffete and see nothing, asking "no Buffet this morning?", having the staff tell me "yes, have, now finish". Shit! afternoon already?!?!?!

rude isn't it? well I usually don't care much for hotel food & outside food ain't very hard to find around there ;-)

anyways room service would most times have breakfast 24h if so desired, but if you're a thai food lover breakfast, lunch or dinner are all the same...

yes I know of all these buffets & most hotels have them, while some might be better than others, but it's not really my thing! thanks for the lek photo though - looks like one of the better ones ;-)

in juli when I was down there intown holiday had reserved the restaurent the whole day for photo shoots to be used in advertising their buffet & dinners...

nice hotel though - worst thing is pricise 2pm 'wake up' by the maids as that the latest they will clean my room! that's real early for me ;-(

Archived