Convert Incoming FAX to E-Mail for Thailand FAX#

StoneSoup

Does anyone know of an existing service provider that provides capability for incoming FAX messages being sent to a (66) country code FAX number to be delivered via e-mail?

This capability exists in USA and Europe, but I have been unable to identify any such service capability for a Thai destination number.

Scenario would be a factory in Chiang Mai or Rayong trying to send frequent load of long FAX messages to office in BKK. Too costly to FAX to a FAX-to-e-mail provider overseas, which would require international phone call.

Any and all input welcome.

Thanks,

Stone Soup

Why would you need to change from fax to email for sending from Chiang Mai/Rayong to Bangkok? Fax is the norm here, not email. Phone cost is now only .50 baht per minute after 10 pm and only 1 baht per minute during the business day if you use TOT '1234' service. Being an email person can't say it works but would think that it should. If business is viable it should be able to pay that amount, I would think.

My interest is because I have been approached to introduce this capability into Thailand, as a subscription service at user level, and a hardware/software installation module at server level.

Running my small business here in Thailand, I have been amazed at the number of industrial-sector firms here that want to exchange all documents via FAX. Many of these are related to shipping (bills of lading, customs documents, pro-forma invoices, etc. - the stamps on the documents seem to be important in somecases - which would kill my offering) and with technical documentation (3rd party parts lists, installation drawings, etc).

Costs for FAX machine, FAX paper, walking across factory to get to FAX machine, waiting for pages to clear without jamming, etc - many costs. Some of same issues with scanners.

I'm just looking to find out if the FAX-to-e-mail capability already exists in Thailand forlocal numbers. I have not been able to uncover any such capability on my own.

Regards,

Steve

I also have not heard of this beeing offered in Thailand.

I am myself a subscriber of a fax-to-email-service based in Europe. I find it most convenient. When dealing with government agencies and large companies they are most often not willing to scan documents and send it as an e-mail attachment. They all have a fax machine though -- and most people working in an office know how to use a fax wink.gif (as opposed to a computer and computer peripherals, really) .

Where ever I am in the world, all faxes sent to me eventually ends up in my 'puter. As I said, it's rather convenient.

Straycat

Archived