What Email Service Can You Recommend ??

gawguy

Yahoo is worst when it comes to junk

I get virtually no junk mail in yahoo, what little I get comes

from sites that I have visited. And it gives 6Mb for free not 4.

In hotmail I get a dozen junkmails every day, even with

high spam setting.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could the amount of junk mail you receive depend upon the user name and profile settings you select?

I've noticed with hotmail that certain accounts I've setup (all accounts having the same settings) receive loads of junk mail and others 0. Could it be that the spammers use some type of an alphabetical attack (please excuse my improper use of technical terms) to send their junk and that the folks at hotmail mission control stifle these spammers before they get too far down their alphabetical lists?

I guess this theory would be easy enough to test. But I'm lazy.

I suspect someone out there is systematically guessing hotmail

usernames. Mine is only 3 characters long and 3 characters

give you about 42000 combinations, which a suitable program

can run through in minutes. Longer names would be more

difficult to guess. Once discovered, userlists are

then sold to spammers.

I guess this theory would be easy enough to test. But I'm lazy too.

Some of the junk mail I get is addressed to a few

dozen addresses, which are all 3 character usernames

in alphabetical orders. That's why I think they might be

guessed, obviously nobody is going to try all 10 character combinations.

Why would a stolen database

be ordered by the username length?

In the 2 hours since I purged my hotmail mailbox I received

13 junk messages.

Yah, I get about 2-3 spam messages a week to my two yahoo accounts. Recently it's been six or seven. Think my addresses got on a list, but they've stopped.

My 2 hotmail accounts get 40+ a DAY. Pisses me off. One account I have no clue how my name got circulated. I bet it started with the schmucks at hotmail who will give your address out if you don't click that dang box in profiles about you getting special offers and crap. Atleast at Yahoo, it defaulted to don't send.

My other hotmail account? I used to post to the microsoft public boards alot. More than most MVP's. I listed my hotmail account and I knew there was no stopping the spam smile.gif

<<burp>>

• 8 months later...

yep nothing beats myreal & why it's this great is only because it's used as a test system for their commercial pro. system :bow:

unfortunately they've got limited members only, but who cares as I'm already there for more than a year & not a single spam email yet unlike others who are counted double digits daily :angel:

If you're using a dial up here you can get a free POP account from CS (www.cscoms.com), you just need to register the kit after you first login with it. Not sure if any of the other ISPs do it.

I've had Yahoo for 4 years with very little spam, like most of the others here my Hotmail account (only 4 months) is full of the shit.

Archived