Insulting a Moderator

khunsanuk

Hi,

Just a quick note to say that I have just banned MagicMike from this board for insulting one of the moderators.

I will NOT tolerate that. No warning, no second chance, but instant banishment.

These guys are giving up a lot of their own time, without getting anything in return, to keep this board fun for all of us. I will NOT allow someone to insult them.

Sanuk!

hey Sanuk,

Having been an admisnistrator once, i appreciate the actuial effort put in to run something.

Good work this is an excellent service.

cheers

but what is an insult?.

disagreeing with a moderator big time and endlessly(which i have seen)?

or is it a personnal insult?.

i see a lot of flaming going on between members,but as soon as a moderator gets involved,things are different.......goodbye you are banned.

are they different?.

not wanting to be controversial,just an honest question and wanting an honest answer.

i have been what i considered insulted big time,but was any action taken?,no.

no warning,no second chance but instant banishment was applied to certain people.

so i ask again,are moderators a special case?.

Hi,

"so i ask again,are moderators a special case?"

To answer this one first, yes. As I said they give their own time to try and keep things civil and fun for the rest, so I therefore take an insult to a moderator more serious.

Having said that, I take every personal insult serious and this is reason for banning. Regardless of who the victim of the insult is.

As to the kind of insult, obviously personal ones.

"I have been what i considered insulted big time"

When this happens and no immediate action is taken, please PM the moderator of the board, or me. With 400+ posts a day it is not that hard to imagine that things slip through.

It is also often difficult to determine if two people are just messing with each other, or that they are serious.

Sanuk!

Hi Sayjann,

Hey, I do think that it was an oversight that an inappropriate stab at you got past the moderators. They are pretty fair. If a disagreement elevates into back and forth insults, sometimes the moderator will let it go a while, because they figure that you both jointly chose to incite the tiff together. But, as far as an uncalled for, rude, attack goes, the moderators usually jump in, given time.

I do think that the moderators deserve special protection. Partly because they are loyal, selfless volunteers. But, more so, because they are in a vulnerable position--if they defend themselves, they will be accused of being heavy-handed, or they will be accused of censorship. So, KS needs to step in to take care of his boys.

That being said, I do think that idiots deserve fair warning. This policy should be stated during the registration process, or at least made very clear in the FAQs. And, I do hope that KS continues to give people the benefit of the doubt, when teasing occurs. I have traded some chides with P127, BelgianBoy, Brink, DB, etc., and I'd really be bummed if I suddenly got kicked off the board for it.

Peace smile.gif

Hi,

Just to make all aware, the board rules have been revised, with greater definitions, and some new topics. Everyone needs to check this out. In addition, there will be "read me" threads in every forum, to define what the forum is about, and special rules that may apply just to that particular forum. You can get to the board rules by clicking in the icon (rules) , located next to 'message board, in the top menu bar.

HT

If you really wanted to insult 'em you could get a new ID at an internet cafe. Then stick on a post intimating that one of the fine moderators prefers to drink Heineken, supports Manchester United or dare I say it has shagged a farang in the last five years, and then disappear into cyberspace.

Cheers

up the Latics

Khun Sanuk: I fully support you and approve of your actions.

Incidentally, were you aware that you're funny-looking and that your mother wears Army boots?

Archived