Villa Cafe ph number?

thai3

Hi Peter!

There is a phone number noted at the bottom of their website: 02-7197913-5

I can't tell if it really is for Villa Cafe since I can't read Thai.

I'm sure you already know their website, www.villa-cafe.com. It seems it's down at the moment though but can be seen with the use of Googles cache function here

Cheers,

Straycat

One thing I can tell you, Villa Cafe is not on New Petchburi. Not to my knowledge at least wink.gif. -- Isn't it on Rama IX Rd?

Otherwise it was a pretty accurate description of the place in the text you provided. Makes as much sense as the jokes cracked at Villa Cafe, I guess smile.gif

Straycat

In reply to:

Går du på café i Thailand handlar det om något helt annat än i Europa och Sverige. På det thailändska caféet serveras burlesk revy talåkk med sång och show långt in på natten. Som Knäppupp eller Svenska Ord fast på thai. Gott om mat och dricka. Allt försiggår på thailändska utom när komikerna driver med oss faranger vilket de gärna gör om vi vågar visa oss där. Genuint thailändskt sätt att umgås. Ett cafébesök i Bangkok blir bäst tillsammans med thailändska vänner, som kan förklara vad som sägs. Detta är det mest berömda caféet i Bangkok.

Personalen är van vid faranggäster. Gå dit vid 22-tiden för att uppleva bra stämning.

Ok, I'll give it a shot!

In short: A visit to a Thai cafe is something totally different than what you'd experience in Europe and Sweden. There'll be song and show going on late at night. Very much like some [damn old but] famous comedy shows in Sweden [that's a lie of course]. Lots of food and drinks. Everything will be conducted in Thai except when the comedians are pulling the legs of the poor farangs visiting. It's a genuine Thai get-to-together. It's best to visit the cafe together with some Thai friends, that'll provide you with a translation of what is going on. This is the most famous cafe in Bangkok [heck -- I thought that was Thermae wink.gif] The staff are accustomed to guava fruit guests. You'd probably do best to go there at about 10 p.m. as to "uppleva bra stämning".

"Uppleva bra stämning" -- 'having a good time' or 'experience good ambience' That's something that definately can be had with the local lasses. "Stämning" though can also be a 'law suit' -- which maybe was what you were hinting at? smile.gif

Cheers,

Straycat

Archived