Airline Ticket issue's

Along these lines, I am planning on backpacking through Thailand, Cambodia and Vietnam for 2 months, at which point I will go back to Thailand and get my teaching cert and look for a job. Obviously, with these plans, I am buying a one-way ticket (since I'm not planning on returning to the US).

I've been told my best bet is to get a 2 or 3 entry tourist VISA so I'll have no problems re-entering Thailand after being in these other countries. I have two questions actually:

1. Will the airline hassle me about not having a return ticket even if I have a tourist VISA?

2. (somewhat unrelated) On the Thai Embassy page, they state that a Tourist VISA is valid from the date it is issued. Is the issue date the date that I actually recieve the VISA on my passport or is the issue date when I actually am planning on arriving in the country. Is the best option to not get a tourist visa until RIGHT before I leave for bkk?

Thanks!

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

"issue date the date that I actually recieve the VISA"

The date they put the visa in your passport is the issue date - you can arrive on any date from that until experation date of the visa. Your period of stay will be stamped into your passport when you arrive - for a US passport that will be 60 days (not two months) and can be extended in country.

Archived