Worst Mexican in Pattaya

Bakkabon

According to an ad I read in a freebie magazine, Larry's has relocated. If I don't remember wrong it was on Second Road close to Kiss food (corner 2nd road and Soi Diana Inn). Just before Kiss food there's a "plaza" with restaurants (Patrick's Belgian Restaurant, Big Horn Steak House etc) and small shops. The plaza goes from 2nd road in to the beer bars on Soi Diana Inn. Sure was surprised as I thought they were gone for good.

The first of my two times in Pattaya, in the 1980's, I ate at a Mexican-food place called Nacho Noi's. It was not bad, as I recall. My second and last trip to Pattaya, in the mid-'90's, I did not have time to look for it. Whatever happened to it?

I'd have to agree with Bakkabon on the food at Tequila Reef. Nice decor but. The Blue Parrot seems to have maintained the quality it had, even with the change of ownership a year or so back. It's not great, but the best I have found in Pattaya. The counter help and probably the cook have remainded the same. Nacho Noi's has been gone for sometime. Wayne, the owner moved on and was a part owner of the Wild Chicken. It's located on the second road end of Soi Postoffice. After he left there, he was at the Hare House, located in the Middle of Soi Postoffice. The guy who owned the hare house closed it down when the lease was up. He has the Haven, a guesthouse/bar on soi 12. Sadly, Wayne died under suspicious circumstances, in Bangkok about 3 years ago. To end on a happier note, if someone finds some GOOD Mexican food let us all know. Soidog 6

Beats me I'm afraid. Haven't seen or heard of a place by that name, sorry.

I usually go to the Blue Parrot if I crave for tacos and haven't tried the ones at Tequila Reef yet.

I have eaten at Tequila Reef three or four times and enjoyed the food. Also,the place is clean, with nice ambience and a/c. I have over the years eaten at the Blue Parrot (both new and old owners). The food was consistant (good), but my preference is TR. As for the now defunct Larry's Dive on Pattaya Tai, they had on the menu a Mexican burger (green chiles), and was the worst prepared nosh i've had. If this burger set the example for the rest of the entries, I can understand the demise of this place. >>> i reckon so.

• 2 weeks later...

I've eaten at Tequila Reef a couple of times. The first time the owner was there and we had better food, though it may just have been what we ate.

The second time my friend order Fajitas and the sour cream was strange, more like milk. My friend, a former cook in a Mexican place in CA wound up showing the chef how not to thin out the sour cream so much from the big vat it came in.

In all quite decent Mexican for being in Thailand, though I haven't been to the Blue Parrot before.

Archived