How to Sleep on Plane??? Advice

---------------------------

Rather, what I do is about two (2) days ahead of the trip is I start adjusting my body to the time zone of my destination. By this I mean that I will eat breakfast accoding to BKK time (assuming going to BKK), eat lunch according to BKK times and eat dinner accordig to BKK times. I will also begin to move my sleep times towrds what would be normal for BKK.

---------------------

I do somethiong a bit similar but fits in with my schedual better. Get the evening flight (2100 on Thai) out of LHR after a long day in the office, a couple of drinks and I wake up in the middle of the afternoon in BKK Just in time for a shower and off to research recent developments. Sometimes I miss both dinner and breakfast! The next day I find I am adjusted timewise (well the sanukers in BKK day runs roughly on London office time!)

CM

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If you want to go the prescription route, ask your doctor what he/she recommends. For me, 5mg of Ambien works great, without hangover/amnesia effects. I won't take Valium, and have not heard of the others.

Personally, I stay away from the OTC food supplement stuff (e.g. melatonin) as you really don't know what the strength or purity of the product is. As these are treated as food supplements, and not drubs (OTC or prescription) their adherence to dosage strength and purity is not regulated or enforced.

CM--

Don't you find that by adjusting your body clock naturally (ie without drugs or such forth) that you arrive "sharp".. and with out any side effects...

I'v tried other things.. even sleeping pills (way back when I first started this job), but nothing has worked better for me than this regimine that I am now on.

--UPSer

Archived