How to Sleep on Plane??? Advice

TRIP COMMING UP ON SEPT 1ST FROM NYC TO SINGAPORE.

THEN BK ON WAY HOME..

WHAT DO I NEED TO SLEEP ON PLANE. WHATS THE BEST SLEEPING PILL.??? ANY IDEAS??? LEGALLY.....

THANKS IN ADVANCE

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

zopiclone is the best sleeping pill for long haul flights

- legal

- cheap

- commonly available

- quick acting

- no hangover effect

- non-addictive

- safe

Got the same problem. Can't sleep in planes except a the very end of the trip when I doze off out of sheer exhaustion. Found something that works without going medical...

Try this and see if this works for you: go to any large drugstore at the natural medicine/homeopathic display and look for a product called "Calms Forte". These are homeopathic pills made with plants. 100% natural, not addictive, and it works (for me anyway). Take 2 pills and off you go. They say that there no side effect but it makes for vivid dreams (meaning that I remember the dreams for a couple of hours after I wake up).

A box of 50 costs about 4 bucks. You can experiment at home a couple of times and see how it goes. I'm not the holistic granola type but hey: when it works it works.

Your mileage may vary of course. Good luck,

Uncle Joe

>WHAT DO I NEED TO SLEEP ON PLANE. WHATS THE BEST SLEEPING PILL.???

Blinders or whatever those things covering the eyes are called. They hand them out routinely in business class, but practically never in economy. Once I started using them, I have been sleeping quite well even in economy without any medication part from a couple of drinks with the meal.

If you will take sleeping pills, make sure that you get a window seat as a courtesy for others (and yourself).

Wagner

All--

Looks like my ideas will me in the minority here... But, here it goes... For me personally, I refrain from taking any types of medicines or drugs (otc or prescription). I don't like the feeling of being "medicated".. Plus give how I travel (cargo) I need to be "awake" in case of mid-air emergency or other adverse operational situations.

Rather, what I do is about two (2) days ahead of the trip is I start adjusting my body to the time zone of my destination. By this I mean that I will eat breakfast accoding to BKK time (assuming going to BKK), eat lunch according to BKK times and eat dinner accordig to BKK times. I will also begin to move my sleep times towrds what would be normal for BKK..

Now, for those who are going for purely "fun" purposes, then the times mentioned may not be realistic (ie at 02:00 I am not sleeping, rather I am on my third Beer Sing at XXX Bar), but for those who need/want to be on a more traditional day/night sleep pattern, this is the best system I know of.

This is soley IMHO.

--UPSer

Benadryl is an anithistamine that is an Over The Counter (non prescription) drug. It is used in other OTC drugs such as Excedrin PM because a side effect of benadryl is that it makes you drowsy.

One of the good things about it is that when you do wake up, you will not have sleeping pill hangover as you get with typical sleeping pills.

Doctors routinely recommend it cuz it is generally non habit forming unlike some sleeping pills.

Ear plugs help.....

I use them from takeoff to landing

the foam ones you can get anywhere

they really cut down the background noise

I also bring my own pillow, medium hard small one I can throw away later if I want

the airline ones are very soft and give no padding

get a window seat, pile eveything in the corner

and you can lean that way giving you some extra room

if you can get an empty center seat you can spead out a little more

Don't watch the movie, just try to sleep the complete trip

you will need the energy when you get there !!!!

I'm sorry, my friend, but the fact that you can't sleep is all in your mind.

All those suggestions above won't do you any good.

You just don't feel comfortable in that airplane somehow.

Whether it's a fear for anything bad that might happen or just that you feel uncomfortable to sleep among strangers.

It doesn't matter, you must feel comfortable or sleeping is out of the question!

Archived