internet access bkk

Crap

Anyone want 20+ days on the internet via Mweb?

So okay, I finally see MWeb in Panthip so I go and shell the bucks out for it.

Get home and can't sign in cause you can't put non numeric numbers in the telephone number. I need to dial * to get an oustide line.

Okay, call Mweb on the phone and they register me manually. Cool. I try to get online and guess what? My password Userid get's rejected again and again. 4 support calls later someone finally actually looks at my account.

Well, when you register your package you have to give them a phone number. The gawd damned computer checks the number you call from to see if it is the one you registered. If not, you can't get in. My building has a trunk of 20 or 40 lines. I can only register three numbers. So it's basically useless to me!!!! crap crap crap.

So, if anyone wants it, drop me an email. You can call them up and change the line the account is registered too and you'll be off and running! I registered the package today, so it's 30 days unlimited starting from today.

<<burp>>

A few weeks ago in a post on another thread I had recommended InetEasy as an excellent internet connection package for good service and price (155 hrs 700 Baht). Well last week it slowed to a crawl ? though I see from another thread that it may be an external factor affecting all ISPs.

Anyway I thought I would try something new and got a ?30 days unlimited? on Pacific Internet (www.pacific.net.th) for 300 Baht (sticker price 349 Baht) in Pantip (valid 6 months from purchase and 30 days from first log in). Have had it a few days and it is excellent and seems much faster than InetEasy, even when that?s performing normally.

There are 2 gotchas.

There are 3 x 56K dial up numbers for Bangkok and one for Chonburi, but elsewhere it needs a TOT line and the 1222 access number. The other is that it kicks you off after 3 hours, but you can immediately reconnect without a problem.

Worth a try.

Archived