internet access bkk

hi guys ,i was wondering how much internet access for a home pc costs from an isp in thailand.

the reason i ask is that my sweet thing is crying over her last months bill which she tells me is 2160 baht.

She maintains her access cost 9 baht per minute from a isp in the 034 area,and guess what? she cannot afford to pay it so she cannot chat with me on icq at home ,sob sob

help?

Hi,

Sounds awfully high. I just paid 3,588 Baht for unlimited access (12 months, + 3 free months) with MWeb / KSC.

She is not by any chance connecting to a number in a different zone, is she? That would make the phone costs quite a bit more expensive.

Sanuk!

Do not understand your message when you say the ISP is in area code 034. Bangkok is area code 02 and that is the home of all the ISP's that I am aware of. Many have local access numbers in other areas to avoid long distance changes. So if she lives in area code 034 she should look for an ISP that has a local number there to call into. I know INET has local access there on 0-3451-6922 (TOT) and

0-3453-0909 (56k, TOT). So then she would only have to pay the hourly ISP charge of about 7-13 baht. I assume she has a phone line? Or maybe that is another pending expense?

I've been using the same setup as Khunsanuk for several months now and am quite happy with it.

But I also keep an Inet account in case MWeb has problems. I think I paid 750 baht for a 'refill' for Inet, that is, I pre-pay. I then get charged per hour when I need to use it, and it gets debited to that account. The cost is somewhere between 10 and 15 baht per hour.

I really don't use the Inet backup often, so the 750 baht will probably last me for a year.

Bottom line, total cost would be about 3,800 (MWeb) +750 baht (Inet) approximately = 4500 per year.

One of the providers is

www.anet.net.th (KS, no advertising intentions, you can remove this link if not ok)

They have national presence - local number in most of areas of Thailand. Web mail.

Many others do that as well.

1 month ago I paid (from farangland, using AMEX card) for 500 hours=2375 baht.

My gf uses about 2-4 hours a day, email and chat. I guess it's gonna last her 6-7 months at this pace.

Never busy, never disconnected, smooth and reliable service. If you know the password, you can monitor the usage from anywhere and "refill" from anywhere.

That Mweb unlimited accessible in the sticks? I know that some of the other unlimited packages are limited to Bangkok or 02 numbers.

Also, did you guys pick up that Mweb package at Panthip? I was there about 3 weeks ago but couldn't find it (although I only looked at 5 shops). Didn't have a lot of time to look.

<<burp>>

This package with anet.net.th is unlimited (in terms of point of call), not only BKK. The phone number she calls is the same one that came with the 100-hour free package with the computer.

Maybe, cards that can be bought at 7-11 have to ring some different number that is limited to BKK or goes through different quality of service arrangement.

Now I remember, I had to fax the form from here and a copy of my AMEX card. 2 hours later the service was enabled.

3 days later my gf received anet's paperwork (contract or whatever) by surface mail.

Hi ,thanks for your help and my thanks to the rest of the guys who posted replies .

to clarrify the point you made :

She lives in bangkok ,but she said that she used an isp from 034 area code ,but surley it would not be as expensive as 9 baht per minute?

If she is calling another province from Bangkok during the workday it would not be cheap as the phone company is quite expensive for long distance service if you do not use the new Y-tel '1234' service. But I can not think of any reason for her to call '034' as all ISP's have their main office in Bangkok and can be reached with a local phone call. That costs 3 baht a call from a private phone and has no time limit.

Archived