Be careful when swimming...

stumpy

If this link is still live read it, if not it's about two swimmers (at separate times) who have died from being stung by toxic jellyfish whilst swimming at Koh Phangan (can anyone tell me where this is please)

I have known for sometime that there are poisonous jellies in Thailand?s waters and this is probably a relative of the Box Jelly that is found off the North West coast of Australia.

If you are swimming and jellyfish are sighted you must leave the water for your own safety.

I have done some research and there are a number of jellyfish deaths every year in the waters off Thailand and other countries in the regiois e.g. Malaysia but these figures are never centrally correlated.

News Story Here

Hi ol' stump_dog,

Koh Phangan is home to the famous Full Moon Parties. I've never gone, because I feel to old to hang with 24 year old Aussie and Israeli hippy chicks. It's really got my curiosity up, though.

Yeah, even the jellyfish which don't kill (99.7%) can still leave one bitch of a swollen sting. I'd sure hate to get stung in the face or groin! Weird little creatures.

Archived