weather in phuket now?

wasn't sure where to put this one... going to be in los for 10 days next month... been checking the weather in phuket on weather.com, lots of rain it looks like...

any thoughts from anyone on how the weather looks in september's? know it usually rains for an hour or two, but does phuket just get flooded and make it not worth the trip? was looking at 3 days or so... any thoughts helpful...

thanks..

I live in Chumpon, 400km north of Phuket I guess.

I dunno for september, but right now it's raining a lot here. Sometimes all day, to day 1 hour at lunch time and an other around 3pm, so far (it's 4pm) It's hot and humid (towels don't dry) I still like it better than european weather.

Hi

I live in Phangnga (90 km's north) and the weather here is exceptionally wet ........ but ....... I do go to Phuket 2 or 3 times a week and the difference is unbelievable . It is hot with a few showers , a small percentage are prolonged . All in all the weather is not bad .

Don't blame me if it pours continuosly next month though !! :-)

I wouldn't plan on doing much swimming (in the sea) though as there have been a few fatalities recently due to the undercurrents etc .

Have a good one

Geordie

i always find the local paper is best for the weather forecast.

http://www.phuketgazette.com/

i am only a tourist and have only spent 80 odd days in phuket,but i found it rained most days.

but it does not spoil my enjoyment.

you will know when rain is coming.

the locals will tell you and the wind will rise.

also the bars start bringing all the outside stuff in,a big clue.

bangla road is a torrent of water,but no problems.

of the course is worth it,if it rains in phuket or bangkok,what is the difference?.

by all means go and have a good few days.

Archived