And there, my friend, goes a sucker.

Fidel

hansum_man,

Let me reiterate for, hopefull, the last time, that there is enough information available that nobody should walk into an A Go-Go blindly and be taken. Does this mean it doesn't happen? No. It just means it should only happen to one so clueless as to venture forth blindly. Yes there are exceptions to the rule, but that in and of itself implies "a rule." I would take this to mean the majority of occurrences would be negative, but the exception, or minority, would be positive. Is there a different definition to stereotype I'm missing?

As to your analogies to Brixton, I can't comment. If the murder rate tops 100 plus a year for an area the size of Klong Toey, I capitulate. Otherwise, what?

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Its difficult to imagine that someone could amass enough money for so much as a foodstall by being completely naive about the ways of the world...

Can you say "inheritance"? smile.gif

The info is out there. Be aware. Simple. Easy. 'Nuff said.

Do you really believe that?

I remember reading about a year or two ago about a winner of a beauty contest. It was later discovered that she was a katoey and it was quite embarassing. The money had to be returned, etc.

If so many people could be fooled, including many Thai women who have an uncanny ability to tell an imposter, then if you still feel that you're above making a mistake... well, that's your prerogative.

Anyway, what I was originally saying is that even if you intellectually understand what features to look for, at first you may not realize you're looking at them.

enigma,

Point taken, but that assumes that the guy has booked a flight to Thailand virtually as soon as the money has hit his bank account, and lived a fairly sheltered life up to this point. I dont know what the rich tell their kids, but I doubt that it goes anything like 'People are wonderful and deserving of our generosity - give till it hurts'. Many of them got there by suckering other people, not being hoodwinked themselves.

My guess is that our friend has more money than sense, but enough to survive a small setback like this.

Max,

This gets into that perennial debate about can you tell or will you be fooled?

Could I always tell a katoey from a poo-ying? No, I'm sure not always. Could I tell at least 90% of the time? Easily.

It's not just the features, large hands, adams apple, tall, etc. It's the overdone makeup, the exaggerated gestures, etc. This is not astro-physics.

I lived there for 2 years and have been back since. Have I ever be fooled? Not remotely. Am I sure? I guess the answer would be is it possible for a doctor to make a pussy that has a clit (exact - no doubt) and that secretes lubrication upon arousal, and has a cervix inside? If so, yes maybe I've been fooled. But, if that is the case give me the name of said physician, as I seriously doubt the veracity of such a claim.

Smart Guy.......................NOT!

That reminds me I have been told by two different girls this week that guys have asked them to Marry after only knowing them a few days. According to these BG's the guys were really serious. One guy went so far as to take her to his countries embassy to start the Visa process!

DD

That reminds me I have been told by two different girls this week that guys have asked them to Marry after only knowing them a few days...

That's nuthin'. I saw a guy come here and marry the first girl he saw: the hotel receptionist. And she was fat and ugly with a 4 year old.

and it was quite embarassing

----------------------------------

Are you sure? it happened many times, but the last one i heard about, a regional elected miss, did not seem to make too many waves, many comments for sure, and the miss thailand organizers probably legislated about "her" going the next step, but i think thais have a very tolerant way to look at katoeys, part of the society, and very popular some, like that Muay thai ex-boxer.

Archived