Aggression in Themae

Fatboy

Similar thing happened to me in a disco bar in Phuket. I and my wife were dancing and when we came back to our table our beers were gone. This was early in the evening with only say 15 people. We got replacement drinks fairly easy. However, I would never ask for this in a crowdy bar like Thermae late at night.

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hi Stumps,

Well, I did say i would have done the same thing as fatboy.

But with hindsight and wisdom, the poser put through by sumkumvit is well reasoned.

It is late, it is more then likely crowded, and the place is designed to move them in and out and keep drinking.

It is not a western establishment.

It is not catering for high class patronage (sorry to any one whom may be offended here). How many glasses are left without returned drinkers, probably very many.

I did not condone the actions of the staff, yes, they were bizarre, and stupid. But it is the place you are at which is the nexus to the thread. i would not expect the unexpected at that establishment.

In the end, he handled it well.

But, the advice from Sumkumvit is sound, if it happened again, is the point of protest worth it? I think not.

Firtsly, one should not leave a drink, in light of other difficulties per se, drugs in drinks etc.

Secondly, to many variables to consider as stipulated by sumkumvit.

The response to take in the circumstances that I concurred with did not condone the morality of the situation or the expectance in common human decencies. Just, in hindsight, and to avoid any unecessary situation to upset a smooth sanuk.

Cheers

Hi. I'm sorry about the problems in Thermae these days. On the brighter side, I'd just like to say that a week and a half ago I met a very nice hairdresser in there freelancing with her friends, went ST with her, had a great time, and have already arranged for an LT with her for this Saturday night.

I don't want people getting the impression that it's ALL gone downhill.

Nice post. Just one further point, is that if the waiter was shown (clearly) to have made a mistake, he may well be obligated to pay for the mistake out of his own pocket. This is common practice in many bars (and restaurants - so sending back that wrong order often comes out of your waitresses pocket!).

-j-

(PS : lets *not* argue the morality of this Thai buisness practice....LOL).

Archived