My time at Woodstock :)

Goodthaigirl

"MMMMM So you are really being Judgmentall on all participents of this board and their children. We're now back to all Farang are no good and Look Kreung are scum and deserve nothing but disdain, aren't we!!

Not a flame but an absolute observation. You would not give a child of anyone particpating here an opportunity to have their kids near you or any of your friends or to have a chance at a decent education as long as they are in Thailand."

Rictic..

WOW..hold it for a minute please !

My reason is just that I might give my school a bad name becuase my participation here might not be acceptable for many Thais. If any Thais see it as I'm sure there are many on this board it will ruin my school's reputation! It's not because your children don't deserve to have a good education and all that.

My school have had some half-breed children from ie. a Dutch father, a German father, a Singhalese father, etc. and at one time we had a Korean kid. So I have no problem whatsoever with Look Kreung children. In fact, Most Thais regard Look Kreungs as superior than Thais themselves since Look Kreungs are more beautiful than those with flat- nosed like us. See how many Look Kreungs have become stars in Thailand.

No, I'm not going to have a nose job just because of that smile.gif" border="0

Hope you understand.

[ January 07, 2002: Message edited by: Good Thai Girl ]

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

quote:

Originally posted by Good Thai Girl:

[QBMy reason is just that I might give a school a bad name becuase my participation here might not be acceptable in many Thais. If any Thai see it as there are many on this board it will ruin my school reputation! It's not because your children don't deserve to have a good education and all that. [/QB]

My apologies to you GTG. A genuine misunderstanding. There are a lot of people around the world who do look down on half caste children, look kreung or whatever phrase you wish to apply to them. Even on boards such as this there are those that will caste aspertions on the child or the parents.

Relax, GTG.

There will always be some people in this world with small, closed minds that will nit-pick at everything you say, looking for the worst case scenerio and twisting logic to suit their own interpretations.

It's just not worth getting upset about... Best way for you to deal with them, is to just ignore them.... I think that you have enough "friends" on this board now, that others will soon get the message that you ARE welcome here and will soon stop looking for ways to attack you.

Now back to this Tread's original Topic... Woodstock... Do you shoot pool? Maybe we can shot a game in April when I arrive?

I haven't played in years... so you have until then to practice if you need to... Loser buys the Beer ???

smile.gif" border="0

CS

CosmicSurfer,

Did I sound upset ? Actually I didn't.

Sorry to say I don't shoot pool and if I do I have no intention to shoot pool in public. Why?

Just because I don't want to bend my butt at anyone's face, especially at the bar!

It's very impolite - you know. laugh.gif" border="0

[ January 07, 2002: Message edited by: Good Thai Girl ]

luckyfarang:

Thank you very much for letting me know. I'm sorry I didn't know that.

"There must be a more polite term similar to "LOOK KREUNG", but I can't think of one right now."

For us the word "LOOK KREUNG" isn't impolite at all. It's a normal word to discribe a person with a mixed blood between Thai and other natioanlities or races.

"sub-cultures" , "scenes" , whatever you want to call them are fascinating -fullstop , thats the reason I am here , & also the reason I am interested in the english football scene , the punk scene , the skinhead scene , the Oz drinking scene , the early 80's grunge/seatlle scene ,LOS BG scene, 60's pop art scene , scooter scene , movie scene, etec etc etc etc etc .Difference is interesting , same same is boring . I am sure this is the reason that out thai girl friends are now on the board .They are like us , just interested , in interesting things . smile.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Smittyjp:

In my work we use the term "dual national", and for the record I abhor political correctness!

Dual national doesn't cut it... Many look kruengs don't actually have dual nationality, they're regular Thai citizens and not much else. Actually dual citizenship isn't even allowed anymore under Thai law!

Cheers,

Chanchao

Archived