I know what your problem is !

Goodthaigirl

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

GTG - I wouldn't get too hung up on changing your name. If some people don't like it, let that be their problem.

Looking at the roster of names/characters who are supporting you, you're already "in" as far as a critical mass of key characters is concerned. (Let's see if you can grasp the context of where the term "critical mass" comes from).

But - if you do want to pick a new name, I'd suggest something like a female figure out of Thai mythology or lore - either something like "Kinaree" or "Nang Kwok" - maybe with a qualifier - such as "Mae Kinaree". I'm not sure if you would feel use of such names disrespectful. The point being - just by doing so, you will automatically be raising the cultural awareness of some of the would-be Thailand "experts" on the board - as they try to figure out your name, they would learn more about "classical" Thailand, whether they wanted to or not.

Yindee!

B-Fly BKK

GTG, you got it all wrong. The problem is not in your name, the problem is that some people will automatically assume you're some sort of fake.

Kind of like when I order a glass of orange juice with no ice in Thai, I either must have a Thai wife, or I must work in Thailand. Otherwise I'm a kohok.

Of course, I don't know who you are. But I've read a few or your posts and I didn't see any hidden agenda. So if someone wants to assume you're a troll, well, it's not your problem. I've never met Fat Bastard either and for all I know he may be a Thin Nice Guy.

Forget it. You can't make everyone happy. Just be who you are.

Hi GTG,

Don't change your name , I have a feeble mind & may lose track of where your heads at . I also think that others saying you are only "monitoring" the board is a bit of an insult . I DO NOT consider you to be monitoring , you are a member like the rest of us , passing opinions , laughs & sanuk , just as we all are . There are so many preferences on this board it is great ( look at the anal thread 4 difference of opinion!!) . The more difference the better . Those that still think it is all a "scam" , well they should just get back to the x files , some of us know when to call it quits , relax & enjoy the company of like minded & different minded people .

You are just another member of nanaplaza to me , & all members are my mates!! Keep up the good work!! smile.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0

After all , senior/original members of this board have met you , decided you are real, but others still want to go on about it . I guess some people can't think up a more interesting post . If they DO have some creativity post something in pop ya , where others post original/creative stuff , rather than living in the past & dwelling on last years news. NO one questions people with male names or no-sex names , I would take it as an ABSOLUTE compliment that so many folk are interested in you !! You are a 10 in my book , for guts & personality alone ( though I think you are probably fine in many other ways).( I have also rated BB a 10 , so you can't say I am just brownosing girls!!, I will brownose anyone!!!!!!) laugh.gif" border="0laugh.gif" border="0wink.gif" border="0smile.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0shocked.gif" border="0

Hi GTG -

First and foremost, mad props to you for your amazing display of linguistic skillz, and for proving virtually everyone wrong! Allow me to introduce myself as one of your initial skeptics. You obviously have been blessed with an incredible gift. Much respect! Pray don't squander it, however, as those around you will be the lesser for it.

So strange, the idiomatic expressions used in your posts (to me) seemed atypical of most Thai nationals who speak English as a second language. Contrasting that with the 8th grade spelling and syntax errors, and your continual evasiveness to member questions, the whole thing screamed t-r-o-l-l. Oh, but we're not so gullible that we'd fall for that one so easily, right fellas! Huh? What was that? GTG is a...girl? Had!

My 2 pennies, but I wouldn't change your handle. The cat's out of the bag as we already know you as Good Thai Girl. It's imprinted, so forget it. Should you nevertheless decide to change the name, just don't make it Good Time Girl. Then you'd really have something to worry about. tongue.gif" border="0

I must ask, however, for curiousity is to blame, what compelled you to hook up with a bunch of guys primarily obsessed with the beauty of Thailand and, moreover, Thai women?

Just wondering, but no matter. Most certainly your presence will benefit us all, and your opinions similarly sought after and valued. Welcome! smile.gif" border="0

pjack

BTW, if ever you wish to really enjoy our language, perhaps to laugh, or to wonder about your fellow human, read the Bard, i.e, Shakespeare. Or else Poe, Shelley, Byron, et al. Read Ode to a Grecian Urn and try to keep your tears from falling. The English may be a bit thick but go ahead, you can handle it. wink.gif" border="0

[ January 08, 2002: Message edited by: pjacktpa ]

quote:

Originally posted by Good Thai Girl:

To those of you who see no "problem" Thai girls participating in this board, I would say you are MY MAN.

As one of the poster said about what is "good" and what is "bad" is spot on. And I totally agree with him.

GTG,

In one of my first reaction to you I said 'right on sister' as a feeling of appreciation and agreement with your presence on this board.

In another post I asked if your nickname 'good' would be as opposed to 'bad'.

As I do not know any 'bad' Thai girls, only girls working in the 'industry' called 'bad' girls by the non-working girls ......

This is no reason at all to change your name ! By all means keep your name / handle / nickname as you are now quite a presence on this board stirring things up !

BTW, I hope my nickname does note offend you, but if it does, let it be......

laugh.gif" border="0

Originally posted by Good Thai Girl:

[QB]Hi

To those of you who have little problem to big problem in my presence here, I would say I know what your problem is !

I welcome you on this board. Im not surprised about guys who dont like your

presence on this board. Its typical...they want talking about Thaigirls , but please

please dont let girls into this board.

Same guys making a big show meanwhile they

stay in LOS and after that they are hidden and very shy in their countries back.

So for me, i mean its glad to know that

it has now one Thaifemale on this board and

i hope some more will follow. smile.gif" border="0

Archived