Hotel review / ranking system

khunsanuk

Hi,

I have just added a Hotel review / ranking system to the member area of the site.

Please feel free to vote for your favorite (or most despised smile.gif ) hotels, and since we are still rather short on hotels a review would be much appreciated.

NB: There is a form on the main hotels page where you can enter data for a hotel not yet in the list, and I will add it.

The system can be found here: http://www.nanaplaza.com/entertain/hotels/index.php

Sanuk!

I have stayed at

Asia

Marriot

Sheratton gande suk

Manhattan

Tai Pan

Jade Pavillion

Happy House

Miami

Imperial Impala

Nana

Bel Air Princess

Novotel Lotus

Majestic suites

And a few I cannot recall, will do a review of them all when I can access the page, do server payers still get three months membership?-peter

I'm sure you have thought this one out before, but hope that reviews will garner some credits to the pay site.

Doesn't need to be excessive, just a recognition of effort.

Great help to all, newbies and old hands, as thing change so much in a short period of time. Please insure that dates of reviews are promenently displayed.

As always, thanks for the super efforts and attitude.

Hi,

"I'm sure you have thought this one out before, but hope that reviews will garner some credits to the pay site."

Not certain I understand what you mean.

"Please insure that dates of reviews are promenently displayed."

They are.

"As always, thanks for the super efforts and attitude."

You are welcome smile.gif

BTW, I do requests as well, so if you think something is missing from the site, please let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Sanuk!

PS Thanks for adding a review.

Just a thought that, as an incentive to garner reviews of hotels, you could offer a free extra week of membership on the pay site or whatever would be appropriate. Just as you have offered for trip reports etc.

Most people need incentive and/or recognition to make the effort to write anything useful/mundane. Or perhaps a monthly draw for a free month of usage on the pay site, drawn from all the reviews posted.

Only thing I could hope for is an "offical" Hotel guide, where the current rates, attitudes etc. were checked by someone we all trusted. eg. you or one of the local oldhands. Reports by individuals can oft be too swayed by personal attitude or one time experiences. We all know how quickly, and often, places change in LOS.....just would be great to have current reliable info to make informed choices from. This type of information definately get me, and hopefully many others, to part with a few dollars for the pay site.

Hi,

"Just a thought that, as an incentive to garner reviews of hotels, you could offer a free extra week of membership on the pay site or whatever would be appropriate. Just as you have offered for trip reports etc."

Ah, see what you mean. While I do like the idea, it would be a bit hard to implement. Doing this manually could become a bit of work and I don't see how I could do it automatically.

Also the minimum amount I can add / give now is 1 month.

"Or perhaps a monthly draw for a free month of usage on the pay site, drawn from all the reviews posted."

This would be a lot easier, and I'd say we can do this.

"Only thing I could hope for is an "offical" Hotel guide, where the current rates, attitudes etc. were checked by someone we all trusted."

The current prices are from the respective websites of the hotels, and I intend to keep checking those when adding new reviews. As for skewed opinions, I suppose this can be easily fixed with more reviews / votes. The more people vote in the ranking system and / or vote for a specific hotel, the more accurate the information becomes.

Sanuk!

Archived