Poipet-60 day visa possible?

Bembaman

I need to do a visa run but would prefer to get a 60 day tourist visa rather than a 30. Someone told me that not all border points do all types of visa-not sure if that is true or not.

Therefore, can anyone confirm that I can get a 60-day at poipet. Also, will it be ready the next day? I do not want to stay 2 nights.

Any ideas where to stay? Cost?

Thanks.

You cannot get 60 days in Poipet.

Actually, you don't get a visa at all in Poipet - but you can enter Thailand visa-free and stay for 30 days.

If you want a 60-day stay, you have to get a visa (ie a stamp in your passport issued before you are at the border) - this is issued by a consulate or embassy, usually far from the border. Inthe case of Cambodia, the embassy is in Phnom Penh

Border points do not issue visas; they put entry stamps in your passport. What entry stamp they put in depends on what type of visa you have in your passport. If you do not have a visa and assuming you are from a western country, they will give you a 30-day stamp.

If you have a 60 day multi-entry visa and the expiration date on the visa has not passed, they will give you a 60 day entry stamp.

If you have Non-Imm type B or O issued by an Embassy or Consulate and the expiration date on the visa has not passed they will give you a 90-day stamp.

If you have a Non-Imm type B or O issued by Immigration, then they will give you a stamp allowing you stay in country until date on the visa (which is usually 1 year from date visa issued)

A trip to Poipet is an entry stamp run, for a visa run you need to go somewhere that has an Embassy or Consulate.

TH

"Border points do not issue visas"

In fact the following entry points do issue visa on arrival for nationals of some 96 countries, but it is only valid for a 15 day entry and the poster is probably not a national of any of these countries. This method is used for countries that do not have easy access to a Thai Consulate for visa issue.

Bangkok International Airport, Bangkok

Chiang Mai International Airport, Chiangmai

Phuket International Airport, Phuket

Hat Yai International Airport, Songkla

U-tapao Airport, Rayong

Mae Sai Immigration Checkpoint, Chiengrai

Chieng Saen Immigration Checkpoint, Chiengrai

Chieng Khong Immigration Checkpoint, Chiengrai

Betong Immigration Checkpoint, Yala

Sadoa Immigration Checkpoint, Songkla

Archived