Just finished visiting EDEN-Club......

Man at Work

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply

>The Eden Club is way too narrow a focus for a whole board in any case. I'm surprised the forum side has lasted this long.

I suspect the original idea was more like a self-organising FAQ with search features and all the other nice stuff that the UBB provides. It should have been rather less tedious than fielding all those repeat e-mail questions and trying to keep the FAQ up-to-date manually. Now all the time savings are more than eliminated by the fight against misinformation and disinformation.

It might still work with strict moderation and by making clear that their forum is NOT a discussion board but more like a Web edition of a corporate voice response system.

Wagner

• [color:blue]"FYI

Sorry, this message board is temporarily closed while we perform some routine maintenance.

» Please use your browser's back button to return."color=blue>

Just tried to verify the postings on the Eden-board. Unfortunately, it is now closed due to "maintenace". What a shame frown.gif

And as I recall, he opened that discussion and web site to keep discussions of Eden in line due to flames on other boards (the BS talk about mirrors). Sounds like that wasn't so successful.

I would feel sorry for the guy, but nope. Having a business like that, a bar, living in BKK, making good money (I recon) and a beautiful GF to boot!

I will be sure not to go anywhere near the place next trip. At least not until day 2.

"Just tried to verify the postings on the Eden-board. Unfortunately, it is now closed due to "maintenace". What a shame " ´

---------------------------------------------------------------

Just hope I did not trigger that. Cause I really like Marcs club and he must make a lot of doe from this, otherwise the rest would not so lash out fiercly at him.

I think you are right on with your comments rovineye as to the reason Marc created this board. I am sure he regrets it now from the time standpoint as well as the crap that is going on there.

I think he should scuttle it and focus on Eden II - something I have been trying to get him to do for a long time. Hell, he could probably list it on the SET and do quite well, I think.

By the way, Marc was married in June.

Of course, maybe his GF is beautiful. smile.gif His wife sure is too!

Archived