New Years eve

Man at Work

I am planning to come to BKK from Samui on Dec 30th to pick up a buddy. Before we go back to Samui, we would like to spend NYE in BKK.

I know it is a long time till than, but we Krauts believe in planning.

So: Where will the most action be around Midnite?

Anything to be aware of?

And last: THere used to be a big Thai Restaurant at some sea. The waiters were on Rollerskates, I believe its name was Thum nak thai or so. Is there something similar now?

I know, this post belongs in at least 3 diffrent sections - but which one?

Thanks for your advice guys (and dolls of course)

MaW

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Me same. Returning to BKK from Pattaya, leaving the rest of the London contingent whooping it up there. Can't think of a nicer place to see in the New Year than LOS. Got to be 1000 times better than being stuck in a pub in the UK with all the amateur ( twice a year) drinkers forcing you to join in 'Auld Lang Sine' (what is that all about anyway?). I don't think any of my old aquaintances in BKK shall ever be forgot and will often be brought to mind.

Already I can feel the depression setting in - the one that starts bad when I pack my case in the hotel ready for flying home. Haven't even got there yet. This has got to be a mental condition.

>And last: THere used to be a big Thai Restaurant at some sea. The waiters were on Rollerskates, I believe its name was Thum nak thai or so. Is there something similar now?

If we are talking the same thing, the restaurant could be at the Ratchadapisek Rd, about 80-90Bht taxi ride from Nana. It had a big lobster on the facade and is regarded as the world largest restaurant...Can't remember the name but could see it from my window at the Niko hotel 2 yrs ago.

Others may be more helpfull. But after 3 NYEs in BBK, I do not find much. OK, some bars put up a few posters, and may provide some snacks. But the BF will double and the girls expect more.

If you can, arrange your own celebration well in advance, get some guys and some girls back to your room, lay in all the beer and tequila you can carry an take it from there.

I am in London on NYE but perhaps you can set up a party via the Board.

Some of the big Hotels have dinners etc, but I guess that is not what you are looking for.

CM

" My idea of newyears' eve is a bottle of champagne on the beach with the GF, and looking at the stars ............

I'll do my 'action' there and then !"

------------------------------------------------

Beach in BKK????????????

BB you have to show me that one!

But since I have not heard anything wothwile to go to jet, I guess it will be SC with double barfine.

C'mon guys, some of you must have a decent Idea what to do on NYE in BKK!

Archived