Crime hasn't paid for this gimp!!

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think most of what you said is pretty accurate (there have been a few articles on this in local papers). Its done by single shot to the heart (repeat as necessary) by a designated warder (who get a couple of hundred baht extra allowance). Only thing I am not sure of is the doping though. Most places this is specifically *not* allowed. A prisoner has to be fully "aware" of a punishment administered to him....

-j-

Hi!

In the TV series Bangkok hilton they had an execution sceene. I have no idea how close to reality it was.

If I recall correctly they two machine guns mounted on tripods. They had some kind of a system with cables attached to levers and the triggers. The victim was sitting on a chair behind a curtain with one of the machine guns pointed at his heart. The idea was that two blokes fired the guns and had no way to know which one did the actual killing. Ofcourse it was long time ago I saw this series so my memory might fail me.

regards

ALHOLK

There was an article in the papers a few years back about the Thai executioner. One guy who fired the machine gun and he had done a fair few executions. He reguarded it as just another job. I think he has retired though after many years of faithful service.

I feel sorry for him because if it is true he thought he was smuggling gems that is a hugely different crime to smuggling smack. The closest analogy I can put to it is you do some shoplifting and then get charged with murder. BIG BIG difference in the crimes and the punishment.

Another analogy would be you find the girlofyour dreams, you marry her and then find out she has married you to steal everything you have and has given you HIV as well.Bit severe for being gullible isn"t it.

""When I was young I read an interview with a hangman from South Africa""

I once read an autobiography of one of the last hangmen in the UK. He had always fancied doing it and after the war simply wrote to the Home Office, attended an interview and got the gig. He only stopped after a disagreement with Albert Pierrepoint (a well known UK hangman), and when hanging was abolished a couple of years later he was well pissed off.

Fasinating book.

Archived