Crime hasn't paid for this gimp!!

Alas, it is impossible to legislate for peoples stupidity.

I agree 100, but you dohave tofeel sory for someone doing something that totally destroys their lives and everone around them

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

He only stopped after a disagreement with Albert Pierrepoint (a well known UK hangman), and when hanging was abolished a couple of years later he was well pissed off.

I've read a lot about Albert Pierrpont.He had a pub somewhere in yorkshire after he retired. Strange isn't it that a serial killer who works for thegovenment gets respect and the rest get kiled by him!!!

A real warning to down and out English teachers. I can see how one would be desperate having a baby on the way and probably just squeeking out 30,000 to 40K a month. In desperate times people do stupid things, I being one of them at one point in my life. The lessoned learned is to try not to put yourself in situations were you may become financially desperate.

"I always wonder why they're prevented from leaving the country with drugs. I mean, if you don't want drugs in your country then that's good, isn't it?"

I often wondered the same thing. I think it has more to do with a sadistic 3rd world criminal justice system, than any genuine concern about the use of illegal drugs. When you depart from the USA, there are no inspections, passport control fees etc. You just leave. To me this is a one of the basic rights of a free people. Whenever I depart from one of these 3rd world countries, I feel like they can prevent me from leaving if the authorities feel like it.

To Vision:

I see that you are a mister puritanical law obeying sanuker. Is it really any governments business what chemicals people put into their own bodies?

I know the law is the law, so I'll assume that you agree that the sanukers should be arrested in LOS because prostitution is illegal in Thailand.

"Whenever I depart from one of these 3rd world countries, I feel like they can prevent me from leaving if the authorities feel like it. "

Well the Brits are going to be a bit insulted calling them a 3rd world country. They have an exit passport control as well.

laugh.gif

TH

"

Well the Brits are going to be a bit insulted calling them a 3rd world country. They have an exit passport control as well."

Does that apply when leaving by sea, train, or on foot (to South Ireland)? Even in the US, the airlines ticket agent asks to see your passport/visa when departing from the US. I do like the feeling of being able to walk right into Mexico without having to check out with any US officials.

When departing LOS via a land border, do you have to go through exit passport control?

Jay

[color:blue]I always wonder why they're prevented from leaving the country with drugs. I mean, if you don't want drugs in your country then that's good, isn't it?color=blue>

I think this line was a joke but I'll take a shot at it anyway. smile.gif

It is of course because of pressure from the international community. I know that a lot of the heroine found in Scandinavia for example comes from SE Asia (and Thailand in particular). Also, by catching the traffickers already at departure it seems plausible you can find leads to the producers, etc, in country for an even bigger catch (though I admit that in a highly corrupt state that isn't all too true).

[color:blue]When departing LOS via a land border, do you have to go through exit passport control?color=blue>

Yes, you do. Visas are checked upon, overstay fees, if applicable, are applied etc. Though, I have only left LOS by land once, at the Aranyaprathet--Poipet border.

Straycat

""""To Vision:

I see that you are a mister puritanical law obeying sanuker. """"

You do not know me and my previous postings to this board have never indicated this.

""""Is it really any governments business what chemicals people put into their own bodies? """"

As a libertarian I agree.

""""I know the law is the law, so I'll assume that you agree that the sanukers should be arrested in LOS because prostitution is illegal in Thailand. """"

It is up to the people of Thailand what laws they have in their own country. I merely pointed out that this guy knew he was breaking the law and that his admission of belief in breaking a lesser law is irrelevant.

p.s. My name is vision25.

Archived