Survivor: Thailand

frogpatrol

On a similar theme

I was in Samui in mid July and we were staying in the resort where thay were filming Temptation Island.

It's another one of those shite reality TV things where supposed couples split up and live amongst sexy people on an Island and try not to get tempted to cheat on their partners.

A load of bolloks but it's goog fot Thai tourism. I believe it will get shown later this year.

And yes the contestants were all complete wankers.

Thanks for clearing that up - I knew we missed one Survivor here, so I guess we missed 4, and not 3.

Did they say the tattooed Asian girl, who referred to herself as the she-devil (or something like that), was Chinese? I noticed she was one of the only ones who did not mention her age. Interesting. Or maybe not.

Will we have another battle of the generations here?

froggo

I never watched Survivor previously but did watch this one.

From what I have seen so far I am not sure there would be much impact on tourism. About one minute walking through a village and then off to some unpleasant, unappealing rock of an island. Wouldn't think this would spark much interest.

The only benefit would seem to be that the name Thailand gets into people's minds.

Not to go off on a tangent, but the movie"The Beach" starring Leonardo Dicaprio (coming off the hugely successful movie "Titanic") did not make the anticipated impact on Thai tourism everyone thought. I also don't think Survivor:Thailand will make a major impact on Thai tourism except create more awareness about Thailand in the American public.

Thailand is already saturated with far too many farang, even upcountry you can't get away from them... Sanuk aside, Thailand has to be the nicest place in Asia for a holiday. Last thing anyone needs is even more hordes of barbarians descending on the place (and I say this from Pattaya where the place is saturated with London grunts for some strange and savage reason).

How is this for an immunity challenge? Take both tribes with a certain amount of money(enough for two beers for each tribe member) separately to two upstairs Patpong A Go Go's known for ripping people off with an entertainment charge in addition to the cost of their drinks. After drinking two beers each and watching the show for a half an hour, the leader of your tribe will say to the waitress, "Check bin." When the bill comes, it will include inflated charges like an entertainment charge added to the cost of the drinks. Since each tribe only has enough money to pay for the drinks, when you disagree with the bill and complain, your tribe will more than likely be surrounded by a group of tough guys with Thai boxing skills threatening to rough you up. First tribe to make it downstairs in one peace gets immunity.

Archived