Survivor: Thailand

frogpatrol

"Survivor Thailand" (Survivor 4) made its debut on UBC this morning, I believe simulcast live with the show in the USA.

I am expecting many emails from the States with questions/comments about Thailand. Now, hopefully, many of the folks back home who refer to Thailand as Taiwan might be able to sort the two out. I stress "might."

Anyhow, the show should serve as a mini-boom for the tourist trade, as the audience for this show is massive, and TAT will surely put its best face forward.

Funny, though, that Thai TV has Survivor 1 on these days, while AXN (UBC) is showing Survivor 2. We have thus skipped Survivor 3, and moved right to Survivor 4 (Thailand).

Also, I see the show has Thai subtitles already. Since subtitling a show is presumably done in advance, this leads me to believe that the secret of the winner is probably circulating already. Any early predictions?

Also, any favorites for the prettiest girl this year. Episode 1 featured some fake boobs, one nudie, and some bikinis we could have done w/out.

I thought the team (tribe) names were amusing: chuaykan (help each other) and sook jay (a form of happiness).

froggo

Survivor 1,2 and 3 have all been shown on UBC.

Watched Survivor 4 (Thailand) tonight (Friday) as a repeat telecast...extremely culturally sensitive. The immunity totem was a bhudda statue, which the host was holding by the head....LOL...the Thai g/f was not amused....

-j-

We watched the first one last nite, it looks like it will be good entertainment:

I wonder if after all this time anyone ( the survivors) have figured out how to make the rice ( glutionus type) correctly.

a few shows back they had someone that claimed to be a cheif, and he still was boiling it into a mucky mess.

There was a TGF? The only asian i saw, was an american executive with the matter of factness of a self-assured educated US woman. i got tired of all the

mugshot-talking, did not quite get why they were going or climbing this way or another. way too edited for my taste (the part of the girl puking, it's like "make sure we got a shot of that" and it all looked more like water than real puke, etc...). Great shots of james Bond Islands when they paddled out.

Also, I see the show has Thai subtitles already. Since subtitling a show is presumably done in advance, this leads me to believe that the secret of the winner is probably circulating already. Any early predictions?

The show is taped ahead. All the contestants are back in the USA. The person that is thrownoff each week appears on the CBS morning show the next day.

Archived