Guest friendly hotels in JAKARTA anyone?

You obviusly have not seen the loseman up the street from my house, high-school need a place to have sex too you know. Even many of the backpaker lodges on jl. jaksaare guest friendly if you are modest. Even if you get turned away your friend will certainly be able to take you some place to avert blue balls.

Well,

all the good hotels are trying to make you happy, and the staff tries to make some more money. Of course they offer you girls. But they don't have girls waiting in some room in the back of the hotel, they are offering what the nearby brothels can deliver. Of course you get overcharged because of all the commissions.

And you miss the fun you have going to the clubs and bars hunting for the girls (payed or not).

If you are looking for cheaper hotels and you don't know if it is guest friendly, ask for the rates, ask to show you the room and then ask whoever shows you the room if it is ok to bring in girls at night. Don't be shy, you're not doing anything wrong and you're not the first.

I think two times when travelling around indonesia I got the shy reply "sorry, not possible" but never any flaming. Upon asking I even got the info which hotels allow girls.

If you still have doubts you should go to Le Margot in Jl Jaksa. I got the feeling that even when you walk in with two Ladyboys picked up from the street and head for your place in the dormitory they wouldn't miss to smile.

ib13,

right.

But even in these places while they would disagree to bring in a indonesian girl without marriage papers you can check in with your western girlfriend.

Adik Gede telling that there are short time rooms available for highschool kids doesn't surprise me at all.

If you can't do it at home and don't have a car, where you go? Where there is a need there is someone to provide.

Yogya

The places on Jl Prawirotama (sp), south of both kratons should be okay if you check in with a girl. I am sure that the freelancers that hangaround the food court at the mall on Malioboro can help, and any place on the street that runs next to the train station should be okay. 80,000IDR might be pushing it though for a decent room.

AG

Jaga

Yogjakarta : A four/five stars hotel, more than nice, with pool and a good location is Santika Yogjakarta (check on web site www.santika-yogja.co.id )

I was there very recently and can strongly recommand this hotel..... 100 000 is above the reality but you'll pay after negociations 200 000 rps incld breakfast (about 20 $, a real bargain, impossible to find in Thailand IMO).....about your request on 'guest friendly' you can abolish this term from your vocabulary as 99 % of the hotels in Indonesia allow guests (maybe it's not true in the strongest muslims areas like Aceh or Sumba....but...will you go there ? smile.gif )

On the way to Surabaya if you stop in Solo stay in "Sahid Kusuma", an ex residence of Java princes, with pool, very good at about 180 000 rps (Solo is a nice place to find pretty girls, visit Regent Disco on JL Slamet Riyali (or something like this !) ).

Can't help about Surabaya which IMO has not the charm of the 'inside' Java towns and can't compete with JKT anyway.

Cheers

Prosal and Others

thanks for the advice............

I am travelling on an extemely limited budget, US$ 50 a day, and dont want to splash out on accom. I'm after freelancers and 'ordinary' girls around Java, not willing to throw 300 000 at a skanky chick, I am assured all nighters can be had for alot less. I intend to try Jakarta, Bandung, Yogya, Solo (now I have the tip) Surabaya and maybe some places in East Java like Malang etc. Also could check out Sumatra if I get a good tip or two, who knows. I think I stand a good chance with regular gals as I have been learning bhs Indo for a year and regulary converse with Indonesian expats here.

I am travelling on an extemely limited budget

Okay arriving in Yogya by train exit the train station and walk through the parking lot past the cabbies and up to the collection of trishaw jockies on Jl Malioboro. Turn right on Malioboro, cross the tracks and take your first right. Just before the intersection on the left (150M)there is a small cluster of plywood shacks. You should be able to find a cut rate companion there. I would guess around IDR50,000 is the going rate for any train station sex suragate anywhere in Indonesia. Further down Malioboro the firs gang on your right is Sosrowijian (sp) where the loseman are probably around IDR50,000 a night. The place was dead last time I was there so you should be able to find one that is guest frindly. When I stayed in Yogya I spent most of my time around UGM and Sanata Darama (the Uni belt) north of Jalan Solo. If you could pass for someone in your tweneties you can probably find a lot of nice people who would be happy to accomadate you in any manner of ways if you are generous with meals, cab fairs, drinks and the occasional film. Some of these kids are quite loaded and bored.

AG

• 2 weeks later...

Archived