More than 10k from atm?

I have tried numerous times to withdraw more than 10k bt from atm machines but they will not give it to me. But if i scale back to 10k it always works. I know that in the states many atms and/or banks have a daily limit you can withdraw, sometimes as low as $300. That is roughly 12k bt here so maybe they have the same limit here?

Anyone ever able to get 20k or 30k baht from a los atm?

What kind of card are you using? Which ATM's have you tried? The daily limit is on your account not the ATM you are using. I have a Brit friend with an Isle of Mann bank and have watched him take 100K in 5 20K tansactions.

I have a US bank ATM card that has a $700 a day limit, I can get 20K no problem (that is most you can get in one transaction to my knowledge). I can then do another transaction and get 10K more. After this I cannot make another transaction for 2 days.

I use Bangkok Bank ATM's almost always (near my house).

TH

Hi!

Yes. If I'm not mistaken you can take out a maximum of 30.000 baht per transaction (not per day) from Thai Farmers Bank's ATM:s and (most often) 40.000 baht from Bangkok Banks ATM's. That is, of course, if your card(s) have a daily limit that exceeds these amounts.

I've never 'maxed out' my Bangkok Banks ATM card, but I've withdrawn 75.000 baht (2x30.000+15.000) at one occasion from Thai Farmers bank with a foreign credit card.

Straycat

Interesting that you say you got 30k from a TFB ATM in a single transaction and can get 40K from Bangkok Bank. This was discussed in earlier thread (ATM Exchange Rate) and another long time resident claimed he could never get even 20k from TFB because they never stocked 1k bills. I have never been able to get 30k from Bangkok Bank at one time, but do admit that I quit trying over a year ago and just do the 2 transactions. Will have to try a single transaction next week when I draw out my weekly allowance.

TH

Hi!

Yeah, I saw that other thread and was quite surprised. In my experience actually most ATM's in Bangkoks lower Sukhumvit area allow you to take out 40.000 baht per transaction (as stated on a attached sticker). I've however never tried it myself, save that one time with TFB's ATM which gave me 30 K. No info-sticker in that machine. It was also far out in eastern Bangkok and not in a tourist area.

Straycat

I think it may be some machines max out at 20 bills. I often use a place with two side by side ATMs from the same bank. One gives out 500 notes and is limited to 10000. The other gives out 1000 notes and is limited to 20000.

Funny thing happened to me; I was at one of those sky train ATMs, it sent the money out the tray, then a popup window came up saying there was a script error in the page! I about lost it because it still had my card, but thankfully it finished up the transaction and went back to the main screen, still with the script error dialog box up prompting for how to handle it, LOL. Couldn't believe it this thing is running Windows.

Those stickers say the DAILY maximum is 40000 baht. The per-transaction limit at Bangkok bank is 20k and indeed I've never been able to get more than that in a single transaction with either a Bangkok Bank ATM card or a foreign (US) card.

With the Bangkok Bank card, outside of Thailand the same limits are enforced, just in local currency (ie, I can get about US$450 twice in one day).

With my US card the limit works a little strangely, I can take out the 20k in one transaction even though that's somewhat over the daily maximum when in the US. But then no more in one day.

In my experience with my forign card I can withdraw 20k in a single transaction each day. I have done that several times.

When I opened a local TFB card account I was told by the bank that the daily maximum is 100k per day (5 x 20k). I have yet to try this since most days I would not spend that much money smile.gif

Best regards,

Danish30

When I need to take out a larger sum I use my visa card from my bank back in Sweden. Usually go to a Bangkok Bank exchange office and can take out as much as I want to in one transaction. The limit is set by my bank home and is approx. 200.000 baht per week depending on current exchange rates.

Not that this has so much to do with the thread but maybe someone will find it useful...

When using my thai atm card, I've often been limited to 10.000 baht per transaction. Quite annoying for the people standing in line behind me when I use the card 2-3 times in a row. I hate it myself when someone else does it to me.

You can get up to 100,000 baht a day if you pay extra and upgrade your standard ATM card to either a visa or mastercard electron. I think it another 100B a year. They can be used abroad and in shops in Thailand that display the electron sticker. Its basically a debit card, similar to switch or Connect card in the UK, where it uses the visa or mastercard processing network but instead of sending you a statement, it just debits it from your account. Certainly Bangkok Bank and Siam Commercial have them and I would guess the other main banks as well.

Archived