LoS virgin & avid golfer

Hi everyone,

I am a newbie to this site and a LoS-virgin... smile.gif I will be arriving for the first time in Thailand in mid-November - and I will be staying for three months. I have already booked a very nice 50 sq. meter pad in Pattaya (at Jomtien Beach) for 14,000 THB a month + electricity. Will the girls demand higher prices for their services if/when I take them back to this place? Maybe I should negotiate the price at the bar? smile.gif I just couldn't take living in a small sub-20 sq. meter room for three months.

I am also a big golf-fan - and I hope to play some golf down there in Pattaya-land. Any tips as to how to go about this?

But my main reasons for going to Pattaya are a fetish for petite asian girls, warm climate & cheap cost-of-living for a long-time stay.

I hope to see some of you at Woodstock at Fridays - as I enjoy a good chat with fellow farangs. Any of you Woodstockers into golf?

-Java, Oslo, Norway.

Negotiate the price before you pay the bar fine.

For golf, a few of the bars organise weekly tourneys and arrange transport, discounted green fees etc.

Depnding on your standard of play try

Lewinskis

The Haven

Cafe Kronberg

The Bunker

Shenannigan's

Rosie O'Grady's

Pattaya Sports Club

Java,

like Mayor said already, negotiate the price before you take the girl home.

Re. golf, there's a few courts out there around Pattaya.

What's up with the golf court in Don Muang, I think that's absolutely one of the weirdest places in the world to have a golf court, right smack in the middle between two runways. That blew my mind when I saw that the first time. How do you qualify to play there, anybody knows?

Other than, enjoy your trip Java.

Limbo

First thing you should do java64 is join the Pattaya Sports Club which will save you around 50% on green fees.

Here's their website

http://www.pattayasports.org/

Apart from the bars the Mayor mentioned you may want to try the Sugar Shack on Soi Pattyaland 1. The guys there normally play on Mon, Wed, Fri.

Pattaya is a golfer's paradise with dozens of quality courses. Wish I was teeing it up there right now!

IMO, 14000 does not put you in a bracket that says "rich man here". Pattaya girls are notoriously not greedy. Gogos seem to be the only places where you'd ask before hand. Anywhere else, a good old 1000bahts will carry the night, and possibly the next day too. With a little discernment, you will only meet friendly girls, and eschews the "bad apples".

A Thai friend told me that the Airport golf course is in the Guiness Book of World Records as the only golf course between two runways at an international airport. It is truly amazing that people are allowed to play there.

I think you need to know someone before you can play there.

I think that the name of the course is the "Don Muang Royal Thai Air Force Golf Course" and is accessed from north of the airport.

I've been told that it is open to the general public, is very inexpensive, but crowded on weekends.

I don't have the phone number or other information.

But it's a long way from Pattaya. My favorite course in the region is Laem Chabang. Beautiful, 27-hole layout. Quite difficult. Sometimes a lot of flies in the area, but that's just a minor annoyance.

I'm not fond of Siam Country Club. The conditions aren't usually very good and it's quite crowded.

Farther away from Pattaya and closer to Bangkok are a lot of fine courses on Bangna Trad. But I like Laem Chabang the best by quite a bit.

Archived