Movies that remind you of LOS

cronkdoldt

Good calls, changnoi! Especially the train scene in Some Like it Hot and Zero in The Producers. He reminds me of some gals I know when he's out wooing the old ladies to get the production funds.

I'll keep an eye out for the ones I haven't seen. Thanks.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A personal one for me: "Lethal Weapon." Why? Because WAY back in 1988, it was THE hot movie in Thailand (I know it's from 1987, but it didn't reach here until '88), and it was playing at SO many guesthouse/restaurants on Khao San Road, maybe at every single one of them. I must have hung out, guzzling Singha Beer for many, many hours while watching "Lethal Weapon." I have it on tape, too, here in Bangkok, and whenever I watch it, it feels like 1988 on Khao San Road again. I can't watch it without a Singha.

Rita, Sue and Bob Too...now that brings back memories. Why'd it remind you of LOS though? The scene in the nightclub with Black Lace giving it "we're having a gang-bang, we're having a ball, we're having a gang-bang against the wall...etc"??? (I bought an SD1 V8 on the strength of that film!)

Bladerunner - definitely. Between the two blocks of the Dynasty on a steamy night with all the aircon units blasting away from the back walls of the NEP.

Archived