Movies that remind you of LOS

cronkdoldt

Talking about R. de Niro, I'd say "analyze this" is a good reminder of LOS, as my Gf and I used to tell each other "you're... good", " you are really good". Also: big Mama" with Martin Lawrence. remember the scene when he is hiding in the bathroom and Big mama comes in and well, you guess..... Well, now we don't say we go to the John anymore, just "I have to go Big Mama". Really stuck ever since that movie.

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply

To continue on the Rober De Niro theme: In Meet the Parents (2000) his character actually spoke a bit of Thai!

The movie doesn't remind me much of Thailand however, even though I've seen the movie on Thai Airways once and on HBO Asia once.

But then, I guess, if you're already in Thailand you don't need 'artificial' stimuli to be reminded smile.gif

In the future, I do think the Thai/Hong Kong movie 'The Eye' will remind me of LOS. A scary, scary movie mostly set in Hong Kong but with a few scenes from Bangkok and upcountry. Much recommended!

Straycat

Edit: I just came to think about it. In another thread I mentioned that Exotica Club on Soi Thonglor reminds me of the Miramax distributed move 'Exotica' (which is mostly set in a Toronto strip club with a jungle theme -- at least as I remember it)

"The music in the bar scene in that runs through my head every time I walk into Thermae."

Slight variation on the topic, but I saw Star Wars for the first time in 1977 right after returning to the U.S. from the Philippines. Immediate reaction to the bar scene was that I had had seen that group playing in Angeles City.

What's Up tiger Lilly

Everything is just way over the top and you never really know fully what is going on (in the original). Hot Asian chicks help too.

Like the avatar. Those damn chicken shooters. GF in BKK wants one first thing in the morning. I don't understand the attraction (to the brands, not my GF)!

Archived