Marrying TG does she adopt groom's surname?

voodoo31

Although can not answer in a legal manner, and have not been there/done that, suggest that you now obtain copies of papers and agreement that were signed to change name to mothers and have them officially translated. They probably give full custody to mother and would be what a court would require for adoption. If you can get these and show them to a lawyer in your state he should be able to advise you on what, if anything else, you will need from father.

It seems there is an agreeable relationship so that should work in your favor.

Hi Cieusamac,

Well I think you have some answers already by what has happened so far, and probably some good ideas as to how you should proceed. Sounds like your connections may help, if only with some decent information. I can't speak about US rules as I'm originally from UK but I do know there are some major differences between the way they handle stuff.

I cannot be sure about much on the Thai law front, so much is heresay and the rules seem to change with the weather. Based on my own achievments I'd have to say my advice would be one word - PERSEVERANCE. Take it easy, don't get rattled and remember, never give up, never surrender.

Good luck

Archived