Royal President

UAL875

Hi guys. I am planning my November trip and realized that I have become fairly predictable with my BKK journies. That is, I stay at the same hotel, take the same flight, always go to Nana Plaza, visit the same bars, hang out with the same girl... well you get my drift. Not that this is a bad thing but some new zest smile.gif would be welcomed! Fortunately on my last trip I deviated a bit and went to spots I had not visited in a couple of years and also made it a point to go to Woodstock. This time around I want to try something new in every aspect.

I searched the board (yes, the Search function is actually used!) and narrowed my lodging down to the Royal President. There was some helpful information on earlier posts however I am looking to be as current as possible before making the reservation. The location seems great and I've read it is guest friendly. Since I plan to butterfly and have multiple same-time guests that is a factor. I've also noticed that there are three wings (Park, Garden and Court?) with various suite/studio names (Executive, Sapphire, et al). Can anyone provide some detail as to which wing/suite/room as well as what rate I should expect. Booking through the internet seems like a viable option based on a few searches I have completed already. All advice is appreciated. When I finalize everything else (I have my flight booked) I will post more detail to see if anyone wants to meet for drinks, mayhem or both.

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Of the 3 President properties, I would rank Royal the least desirable. If you're a sanuker, Grand President that is on soi 11 is really good in terms of location (almost the halfway point between Soi Cowboy and Nana Plaza). The Topaz studios are decent in size and quality, and are available at around $26 per day on a weekly rate. I'd recommend calling the sales office directly. www.presidentpark.com has info on all 3 props.

Trust me on this because I've stayed at all 3 places and it seems like Royal is really quiet & decent- especially convenient to Thermae and Clinton Plaza if you go from the back and side soi's. However, it's a bit too quiet.

President Park on soi 24 is all about hi-so and has the nicest amenities but is only convenient to Emporium or soi 33.

Grand President is convenient to the BTS, as well as all the sukhumvit action. Also, when you come home late at night the noodle stand on the corner of soi 11 and Sukhumvit is absolutely da bomb!! After a long night of partying, nothing beats their sen yai with fishballs in that incredible soup stock that they cook for like 12 hours each day. Only 25 baht!!!

Anyway good luck and I hope my 2 sense-cents helps you out.

PS If you are really looking for new fun, try Cambodia or Vietnam. The hapa (mixed blood) chicks there are absolutely drop dead gorgeous. The Chinese influenced girls 'taint bad neither............

I have never used the Royal President, only Grand President and Park President... For quality of room I much prefer the Park President, but for location the Grand President can't be beat... Visited Royal President once while meeting a friend who stayed there, and after he visited my suite at Grand President he moved....

Only my impressions, but it sounds like others agree...

Pianoman

The GP gets my vote too. I'll be there soon for the 3rd time this year. Along with the location factors already mentioned , what I really like is the shortcut to soi7 going thru the parking lot of the Park Hotel , a 5 minute walk to BG7 and the NewWave avoiding all the foot traffic on Suk.

Bada22andcountingBing

Unlike the above posters, I've stayed at the Royal President, but not the other 2 properties. I stayed a The Royal President for a few months, and it is a cheaper alternative when compared to the Grand President, and the President Park. Now I did visit the Grand President, and I was turned off by what looked like stains on the ceiling and wall paper. Overall, I really enjoyed my stay at the Royal President. The place stays quiet most of the time, which is great for sitting by the pool to do some work.

The Executive studio includes a nice bathroom (marble everywhere, 2 sinks, a bathtub, and a seperate shower), a small kitchen area, a desk, CD player, king size bed, big TV, couch, chairs, and a coffee table.

Three wings: OK, the Park wing is where all the studios are. It's the tallest of the 3 wings. A room on a high floor facing suk 15 makes for a good veiw. The Garden wing is where all the 1 bedroom (more expensive) rooms are. It's nice, and tends to be packed with Japanese people from time to time. The Court wing is the wing with all the suites. I actually don't recommend this wing since it's across the street. Thus, if you want to go to the pool, gym, restaurant, or minimart, you'll have to cross over to the main building.

The staff is very kind, the rooms are great, and service is delightful.

Oh yes, coming home with mulitple guests won't be a problem.

I stayed at the Court Wing in a 1 bedroom apartment last year. Even started a thread "Royal President Not Good".

Now, I think it was not bad at all. What I did not like was that the room pictured on the Internet was from the main wing, where the reception is, the best type of room they may have.

What I got was in the wing across the road, a bit dark (because there was a building 4-5m from the window) but quiet, clean and comfortable. Unless you specifically ask, you may end up in the Court Wing if you book over the net.

Ironically, it is a bit closer to the Sukhumwit than the main wing (it's a 100 metres anyway, if that)

The Court Wing has no reception - just a security guy who is half asleep outside. You can take as many people as you want in. No IDs check/deposit, nothing. I liked it - no looks from the reception girls/boys.

The apartment was big, bathroom was big with 2 entries.

2 TVs, Video player in the bedroom, CD player, MWave, fridge...one could live in there.

Booked it over the Internet.

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Based on the positive remarks, I've decided that I will stay here in late November. I'll post a separate message as my trip approaches but if anyone is around Nov 23 - Dec 2 and wants to connect for a few drinks please let me know. Cheers. ::

• 1 month later...

Mr. Bastard,

I've been a frequent guest of the Royal President for the last five years. I've been impressed by their professional, efficient and polite staff most of the time. The residents which include many polite Japanese businessmen is not your typical whoremonger serviced apartment. I would attribute less than 20% of the residents indulge in this type of behavior. Good mix of residents. No problems with overnight guests. Overall a quiet and clean place. I don't stay here as much as they've raised their rates in the last five years, from about 1100 to 1600 baht, even though I'm a frequent guest. Also the narrow sidewalk leading towards Sukhumvit/Thermae can sometime a bit dangerous if you're not totally sober or if a speeding cab don't see you. There are no food vendors or very many commerical establishments in this immediate area. There is a convenient minimart adjacent to the RP along with a small restaurant/store that has very limited hours. So most of the time, I now stay at the Grand President instead.

I was given a mouse pad a few years ago with the phone number and email address of the Royal President. Rpsales@Royalpresident.com and 662-253-9451.

Chok Dee,

Thaistyx!

Archived