The best restaurant in BKK?

Fatbastard

The food isn't that great, the prices are not good value for money but I do love the Soi 7 eating area, because the entertainment factor is brilliant !!

We make the trip down to Soi 7 at least twice a week, to eat and be entertained, in that context is great value for money. Tonite there was a spaced out farang dancing to his own trance music by the juke box. There was the old lantern jawed Gatoey dressed in all her finery patiently waiting ( like a shag on a rock) for her chance at a myoptic Farang.

The usual collection of girls from The beer garden with the usual collection of happy punters. One girl who I remember swearing to my mate 3 years ago that she was going to commit the most ghastly method of suicide if he returned to OZ without her. (happy to see she is still alive) The usual collection of peanut sellers, Why the Fuck they think you are going to buy peanuts when you are half way through your meal I never know.

But the best of all, a muscle girl transvestite. there she was sitting all by itself, bulging biscepts, flowing red hair and even more flowing green finger nails. In her transparent high heels and tight denim shorts, she looked a picture, (in a neck down sort of way) but sorry love, neck up a I bet you scare the shit out of more little Thai kids than a ugly old f****r like myself would.

[color:"red"] ....Why the Fuck they think you are going to buy peanuts when you are half way through your meal I never know. [/color]

This is perhaps the most puzzling thing about Bangkok. They hang and push their wares here like nobody's business. I understand a 5-7 year old girl trying to sell me gum while I'm eating, because she doesn't know any better and she doesn't care, but nuts? And they stand there for just a couple seconds too long, hovering, hovering, like I'm gonna stop eating a 230 baht fish so I can buy some fucking nuts!!!!!

I love the eating area also, my problem is that I have taken so many girls from the biergarten, skala [perhaps the hottest girl in bangkok fellas, and you KNOW who I'm talking about], and new wave that this restaurant is a confrontation waiting to happen. Now I avoid the area like the plaugue. Too bad, yet I have all the phone numbers I need. I love bangkok!!!!!!!!

Has ANYONE on this board ever bought nuts from one of these guys?

I was sitting in the Golden beer bar on soi 4.

The girls had got me a noodle soup from across the road

next ti Taj Mahal.

So I have a soup, beer and in this bar they keep putting little bowls of salted peanuts next to you,

Then the obligatry Indian peanut man comes in, stands rite next to me with his little blue basket of various nuts and trys to make me buy a 20bht bag of his wares.

F#ck off I say I'm eating my dinner can't you see, and I have all the free bloody nuts I want.

No he just stands there.

They are worse than the kids selling gum, flowers, lighters

cheers

khunmi ::

The 20 baht nuts at twice (or is it 4 times) the real price is always better than the 230 Baht fish.

Just my opinion.

Hover, hover, then, you too, can be a helicopter. :: :D

They are worse than the kids selling gum, flowers, lighters

They are just like the guys in your country that go to a bar (or several) every night and ask 100 girls if they want to fuck. If just one every other day says yes, you think they are killer studs. If these peanut guys ask 100 farangs a day, and just 10 give them 20 baht to go away, they are way ahead.

Do you think they care what you think about them?

FB,

I go out for dinner at least 3 times a week in Bangkok, I can't think of a single time I had a peanut vendor try to sell me some in the middle of dinner. Maybe you should think about upgrading your lifestyle a little bit.

TH

Thaihome, seems like you're in a particularly irritable frame of mind lately. Noticed this on your posts about Phuket also. FatBastard (who took your comment in good humour, well done FB...) was simply posting an informative note, does it really call for a judgement on his character?

FB

I agree with u, the atmosphere in that place is amazing if you just want to sit back with a beer and watch the nightlife go by. Years ago I used to go down there quite regularly and just listen to all the conversations around me. Amazing way to kill some time. you hear all kinds of stories from both the girls and the guys.

Although you may get harrassed by the flower girl, I agree it is quite a lifestyle and experience that someone with a much greater normandy restaurant lifestyle would miss out on.

WYD

Some 10 years ago I was the CEO of a contracting company, "great" lifestyle, overpaid, overworked but it had its material benifits, House overlooking my 42 ft yacht in the Marina, 2 company BMW's in the garage, hadn't travelled in less than 1st class for 20 years. I got out of that and now run my own small business, making less money than a noodle seller, rented small but nice apartment, no car and travel on discount airtickets. But with a my wonderful girls, (wife and gorgeous daughter) and my really great friends, this is the happiest time of my life. So for me, where you eat and what you drive don't matter a shit.

Archived