BG only goes with foreigners.. not local why?

From what i seen and heard.. BG goes off with a foreigner and not with any local Thai man in the bar/gogo scenes.

Why is that so? Is is a taboo or some strict rules?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

it's an urban legend.

some might not want to be seen with a thai customer in a western oriented bar, but might very well have a thai boyfriend or husband. and in more than a few cases that boyfriend/husband works in the same bar as DJ, doorman, or behind the bar.

Hi,

Remember that I am partial to the Western men, may I suggest:

a. Nicer, treat them better than the Thai men.

b. Money - looks like they are generous for most of them have higher income than an average Thai man

c. More attractive to the Western men. Most Thai men seem not to like different skin tone and features that most of the tourist BG do not have. This is good, I think.

Most ex-BG I have met in the West are quite fascinated how the Western men treat them well. Since Thailand is such a social class country, these women know where they stand with the Thai men.

Lastly, please remember that I do not condone the Thai social system and the Thai men need to improve thier attitude towards women.

Just my opinion.

Cheers!

Hi Jas,..

Also I guess it shouldn't be the majority of the Thai men would be like that, would it?

Back to my comment: I reckon the Thai BG do not go out with (i mean being barfined - not "go out" like in "dating") Thai men because they do have a proper code of conduct of standard of work professionalism (if you want to call it) that dictates no "getting barfined by a Thai man.. no good.. mai dee".

Says singbond:

From what i seen and heard.. BG goes off with a foreigner and not with any local Thai man in the bar/gogo scenes.

Why is that so? Is is a taboo or some strict rules?

Bargirls are doing it for the money, and your average Thai man does not have the money to do his butterflying in the go-go bars frequented by farang. Those Thai men who do have the money do their butterflying elsewhere, not amongst the farang in the go-go bars.

Go to the 'sing-a-song' cafes and karaoke bars, the Mirage and similar in Huay Kwang are good examples, and you'll see plenty of Thai men, but only a few farang, enjoying that flavor of bargirl.

These things having been said, when I lived in Bangkok I did know 1 Thai man who would go to Nana from time to time when he wanted a night away from his wife and kid. I ran into him there 1 night quite coincidentally, and he told me about his regular girl at Pretty Lady (as it was called then).

Regards, JEff

Hi,

[color:"red"] Also I guess it shouldn't be the majority of the Thai men would be like that, would it? [/color]

I do not understand your question. If you meant the "Thai men" don't treat this type of women as well as a Western does, the answer is most so-called middle class men do not treat women of the BG background well. People from Isaan (where I understand most BG are from) have not been treated well forever. Most of it is a prejudice.

I have more to write, will be back as soon as I can.

Cheers!

Hm.. now i am confuse by my own writings.

Well.. things always are subjective... but what I wanted to put up was some points for the Thai men... I guess its not ALL of them are prejudiced against ladies who works in bars. Or all those darker skinned ladies from Issan region.

But back to my original thread question was: why in the bar scene, agogo scene, the ladies specifically checks whether the customer is a Thai or not - and would not go with Thai men from their statement.

Note: I spoke several clear Thai sentence, and look asian.. or perhaps look very Thai. And many strongly told me "You kon Thai lerr?? No go Thai man, no good. Mamasan say no good go Thai men". (and no "kaa" at the end of the sentence)!

(i won't really know for sure)(confused?! sorry.. maybe i dig in at the wrong facts.. should go straight to a BG and ask them .. why no go Thai man no go?)

I was told by one Mamasan at Soi Cowboy that she would not admit my Thai male friend there unless he was with me?? So, there is a division. There are clubs that are more Thai exclusive, and then Japanese Only clubs. The Farang bars generally accept most people, but some of the bars have embroiled upon the girls (or their own experience), which men to go with it, and not.

It is a social, class, and perception issue. I mean there are underpinnings of racism in Thai culture. I can't count how many taxi drivers once I speak to them in Thai, and they learn I have traveled want to know if I have been to Africa, and tell me how bad African men are... or a hotel owner saying Thailand takes care of Japanese and Westerners.. especially.

Some of the bar owners may be part of developing these ideas by telling the girls "Arab man is no good", but Farang and Japanese man is the best. It could be pure economics again though---because as I get older I start to think that way about everything (cynical a bit). :(

BG's also have their own caprices. One girl, call her girl X at a beloved Soi Cowboy bar is anti-expat, and young men. She can afford to be choosy, but she has the perception that expats are "taking advantage of Thailand", and young men are good to play with, but have no real money.

It is quite true though that the girls often have boyfriends in the bar, or even mangda sometimes... the complexity is obviously thick, which is why once the girl leaves the bar the relationship thread on this website is so epic. ::

cheers. maybe if you are asian..

mai phoot phasa thai. mai mee pan ha.

speak in broken english.. the international language.

"It is a social, class, and perception issue. I mean there are underpinnings of racism in Thai culture. I can't count how many taxi drivers once I speak to them in Thai, and they learn I have traveled want to know if I have been to Africa, and tell me how bad African men are... or a hotel owner saying Thailand takes care of Japanese and Westerners.. especially."

Sure, there is a lot of racism in Thailand and they are not shy about it either. Dislikes cover all kinds of nationalities, people from India, arabian countries, Africans or just "black people". Political correctness does not apply when it comes to this issue. They are not too fond of Vietnamese, Phillipinese either if you press the issue.

I used to be pissed off at my ex, because she could not tolerate my Indian friend just because of his nationality.

Cheers!

Archived