Best restaurant in BKK ?

dsab

Hi,

unfortunately I can't leave Bangkok over the new years change, so I want to surprise my gf with a really nice dinner, if possibble even in a romantic setting.

Would one of you have any suggestions. So far the Angelinis is my prefered choice, but would maybe like to try something new. Any other suggestions ? Should be Thai, Italian, Chinese, Vietnamese, French, Steakhouse or Japanese.

Cheers,

Dan

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, I got paid for the one for The Cedar (passed the winnings to KS for the server), so that was good. I was HOPING to win for The Blue Elephant, and I'd told Al to pass that on, also, if I WERE to win, but I never heard, so I did not win for that. In fact, no one won for September, and you weren't paid for August?.

BTW: I was in the Grace Hotel last Friday night, and you said somewhere else on the Board that you were there, too. Did you see me? I was the farang. :)

I saw al dente in the 'pong last Saturday and never thought to ask him about this. I have put two reviews in the section this month.

Honestly, I also wanted to contribute my winnings to the server fund, but KS did not receive (and I guess that deal is over) and I didn't receive either.

It would be nice to know if that 2,000 B deal is off.

Yes, I was in the Grace that night and stepped on your foot. Don't you remember?

Really, were you there when the lights came on and they stopped serving booze? Place emptied out somewhat, but in an hour they were serving again. Don't know if I have the strength to make it there tonight and I am wondering about this not letting unaccompanied ladies in bit mentioned in another thread. The place could blow big time if that is true. :(

No, I had found myself a little cutie and left a little before 3:00 AM. I do remember you stepping on my foot, though; a guy with a long flowing beard and Pakistani attire. So THAT was YOU?

And that reminds me: I WAS able to verify that if you check into the REGULAR rooms at Playboy Hotel at 3:00 AM, it is only 500 baht for the rest of the night (check-out time is 12:00 noon). That's twice in a row now I've done it. Better value than the ST rooms if you're doing a late LT. :)

But to get back to the topic of the thread: Take her to The Blue Elephant. :)

• 2 weeks later...

just as a note...I wanted to make a reservation at the Angelini for New Years Eve. They have no regular service...only set menu...but that would be fine for me, till they dropped the news that it is 3900 Baht per person without drinks. :: Now I booked at the blue elephant. Thanks for all your input.

Cheers,

Daniel

Archived