Economic pessimism

gobbledonk

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

HR - Human Resources. God, how I hate that term. Human bloody Resources. Just what the f*** is it supposed to mean? It's an Orwellian term that's for sure. A human is a resource just like a paper clip.

It would seem on this straw poll that it is a prerequisite for a job in HR to be a bitch with sensible shoes, a cat and a large collection of Mel C memorabilia.

Only 6 weeks until I get to employ my shagging resources.

[color:"red"] "Fucking HR Losers!!! " [/color]

Ahhh, it seems we have finally reached an international agreed upon conclusion -- HR must go.

I don't even want to get into the shit I've seen while dealing with Thai HR. Ohhhh, bad memories. ::

In fact this whole thread is driving me mad.

::

Everytime I think of the corporate work place I think of the movie Office Space and how spot on it was. :) :: :)

I agree, the only way to do things is to be your own boss. I'm working towards that, but for now I'll have to just sit at my desk and look at Nana all day. ::

"Takes me away to that special place/ and if I stare too long/ I'll proabably break down and cry" :)

I agree, the only way to do things is to be your own boss

Agreed, SB, but then you must become the ballbreaker who had to make the hard decisions if you ever need staff of your own. The thing about this place is that I remember when the Directors had the time and energy to actually do the hiring and firing, instead of leaving it to some dope who had an Arts Degree and a network of similarly dopey friends in the HR 'industry'. I had a lot more respect for our glorious leaders then.

The lure of going out on your own does become stronger as time goes by, but most of the contractors I know end up contracting themselves out to companies who are as bad as the ones they left in the first place. C'est la vie :)

In the last position I held, all of the Admin work was given to an HR position called Professional Development Manager (PDM). This was in an IT Application Development area and the thinking was that this would free up time so that the Project Manager could be devoted to project management.

The most ridiculous and worst part of it was that the PDM actually did your annual performance review. So, you ended up with someone who had not been involved with the work, didn't even understand the terminology, conducting your evaluation.

Try to argue with someone who has no idea what the heck you are talking about...

Been there, done that.

I find the trick is to nod and smile in all the right places, then silently break wind towards the end of the session. Doesnt have much impact on the (already lukewarm) result, but it puts you in a good mood when you leave with a smile and your opponent leaves in a state of shock and dismay.

Dont get mad, get flatulent.

Archived