Of Pregnant Girls and Sleeping Pills

zanemay

Just read recently, past few months, in BKK Post that Thailand has the highest rates of stomach cancer in the world. #1 cancer killer in the LOS. Also so an article about the testing of street stall noodle ingredients and something they use in the noodle making that is very carcinigeous (SIC?), causes cancer. One of every five noodle stalls was found to be using these chemical ingredients in their food. I beieve it was something used to retard spoilage. Read this around July or August in the Post if anyone would like to research it. Very disturbing news, as I like my late night street stall noodles as much as the next guy.

Food for thought.

Cent

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

i can fully understand the 'heat of the moment' situation,and can see how it might have clouded your mind.

i've been there.

my last trip,i met the most adorable doll like girl and i had to BF her.

on a later BF,she asked if i wanted her riend to come with us for the night?,how could i refuse such a beautiful question.

back in the room,and after variations of oral and sex,i realised the friend was really getting on my nerves and she made me angry with her manner and demands.

got so annoyed i threw them both out and regretted it almost immediately,i should have kept the original i picked and just got rid of the friend.

made it up to my darling by taking her twice in my last 3 nights.

Hi Zane,

Good post thanks for that. I always enjoy reading your posts as they are very real and an interesting contrast to the tales of 'I took Nok from the gogo and it was great'

It's a shame about the pregnant lady when you were basically going to take her when maybe not so many other people would have and then to have her start grabbing whatever she can when she realises she is leaving. I think you did the right thing in taking the coins away from her.

Please post more when you have time.

Wow, interesting post.

There is definitely something about pregnant women, good for you that you were able to indulge your curiosity.

But I will say that the situation you were in, with a down-and-out pregnant woman, would be about the last time I'd be worried about the "fight for your baht" principle. (Honestly, I'm not trying to bait or flame you, just stating my opinion).

Just got back from Pattaya myself 20 minutes ago, this is an interesting period there, things just opening up and an influx of girls for high season, but the tourists not there in full force yet.

Hello Ted,

Don't you think "down-and-out pregnant woman" is a bit strong and bit of a projection. All I knew about her was that she was well-dressed, good looking, and according to her, four months pregnant. Later it was obvious that she was further along.

You are projecting this onto what I've written.

One thing seems obvious: The lady lacked the good manners we love in Thai people.

And I am "fighting for my baht" as hard as ever. I will share a little incident from yesterday, which will amuse you. Weren't you the one who said you were amused by my "antics?" Maybe not. Anyway...

I took a girl from the beach who had been in Pattaya for two weeks and spoke no English. She was "my type."

The next morning, as she was leaving, she asked if we could go eat. I said sure. I also wanted to see where she lived because I had been happy with her and I wanted to be able to find her. I live in S. Pattaya and there are scads of food vendors in little store fronts and at the big street market. Everything is 20 baht. I lead her to a place nearby that has good cow phat among other things. She keeps going. We trudge by all the food vendors and I begin thinking the worst. My thoughts are confirmed when she leads me into a restaurant near Walking Street. It turns out that she works in a beer bar and this restaurant is across the street.

A Restaurant! Ha! I have not been in a restaurant once in the two months I have been here. The cow phat here is 60 baht. Even if she has the same we will be looking at 200 baht with drinks. We have sat down and there is a waiter hovering. I look at the menu listlessly. I fidget. I say "my ow." (Don't want.) I get up. The girl seems confused and of course the waiter puts on his best hurt look. Ha! I will go get my breakfast for 20 baht and they can stuff it!!

We go across the street to her bar and she asks me if I want an orange juice. Yeah right! I'm going to pay a bar price - 50 baht - for a glass of orange juice.

Now the girl has caught on. Zane same, same Thai people. She suggests some street vendors around the corner and we set off. They aren't working yet so we go into a little shophouse restaurant, have delicious cow phat and nam plao (regular ice water) - 50 baht total and out the door. We parted on the best of terms and have a date in four days.

Okay this is funny, yes? I think so. But also, it sends a message to this girl who wants to go with me again. I am not a rich (or stupid) farang who will let money fly from his pockets for no reason. All of my regular girls get this message one way or the other and they respect it.

Have a nice day in Bangkok.

Zane

(Oh man, I can't wait for the responses to this one!)

Well, I was refering to the part where she was ready to leave and was getting at your loose change. But you're right I guess, about the down-and-out part, I didn't have quite enough info to make that conclusion. But if I had left out the words "down-and-out" in my post, my conclusion would be the same: the point in time when a very pregnant lady was on her way out after an abortive session would not be a time I'd be too worried about every last baht.

I do agree with you about the manners thing, though, and I don't being treated like a sucker, either, and a lot of times this really does have to do with being treated like Thai vs. farang, as you point out. One thing that really pisses me off is when I am walking with my wife in Pattaya and some of those worthless guys hanging around with the moto dudes make comments about her. They would not dream of doing this near a Thai man; Thais kill each other over shit like that. (BTW this happens much, much less frequently in Bangkok than in Pattaya).

Had a nice time walking around lower Sukhumvit this afternoon, BTW, thanks.

Zane,

Not a mistake. Just something to do with MayorofPattaya's reply I thought might interest some. I hadn't heard this before when I read it in the paper. Maybe I should put it in the health section? :-) Nah, too lazy! Just an aside, spurred from MoP's post.

BTW once again thanks for your posts. I always find them interesting, amusing, and well written. Good stuff! I always look forward to reading your posts.

Cent

Archived