Of Pregnant Girls and Sleeping Pills

zanemay

Hi Ted,

I'm a little confused by this portion of your reply

'the point in time when a very pregnant lady was on her way out after an abortive session would not be a time I'd be too worried about every last baht'

Things had only come to an unhappy end because she was a liar and why should Zane have his money stolen? I feel the same way, what's mine is mine and if I want to give it away I will but don't try and steal it from me.

Zane states in his initial account that if she'd been honest and said she was heavily pregnant that he would probably have given her some money anyway without wasting everyone's time and her having to steal and lie.

Sadly she lied stating she could do everything when this was clearly not the case.

I know the social safety is strung much lower in Thailand than many western countries but the majority of Thais who are honest would be equally offended by her actions.

• Replies 33
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The girl was sitting in the evening shadows far away from the working girls. She was perched on the cross-strut of an overturned beach chair, a seat that would be uncomfortable in the best of conditions. She had a large purse on her lap. She was hiding something.

This was a girl who was prettier than most of the freelancers one sees on at beach. We talked a little bit and everything was amiable. After awhile she moved her purse. "I have baby," she said. Wow! She was pregnant all right. "How long?" I asked. "Four months." I don't know if she was telling me she had been pregnant for four months or that the baby was due in four months. Either way, she was midterm.

"What are you doing out here?" I asked her. "Look for man," she said. "Why are you sitting way off over here?" "Aye baby," she said. (Shy because I'm pregnant.) "I want to go with you," she says. She is so far away from where the freelancers work, I wonder how she could hope to get a man.

So here we are. Off in the shadows, Zane and a lovely preggie.

Hmmm??? Maybe you can forgive me? I have never had a child. I have never been with a pregnant woman. I have never seen one naked up close. There have only been a few times when I have even been able to rub the belly of a pregnant woman. I am taken with the idea of going with this girl. She could use the money.

this was part of Zane's original post.

read things properly and then post.

and do'es it still come down to the girl 'stealing' 20 Baht?.

give her a break please.

Hi Sayjan,

You've quoted a big chunk of Zane's thread which I did read properly and I re-read it all again in your post. If it's grabbing it on her way out and not given then yes it's stealing. No matter how deserving you may judge her case to be if Zane didn't give it then she had no right to take it.

He gave her 400 baht when she had deceived him, why should she be allowed to grab any more?

'We had agreed on 400 baht and I unhappily give it to her'

Beyond that I'm not sure what point you are making and what leads you to think I didn't read the original post properly?

Ooops Sayjann,

Looks like you missed the point a bit there :o

He'd given 400 baht and got only lies, why should he give more?

On a wider not why are some people so keen to put Zanemay down for speaking up for himself?

Okay Gents...

It has been fun and I appreciate the replies and hope I have entertained.

Feelings run high on the subject of pregnant women and our need and duty to take care of them - mother and child.

But maybe we have worn out the back-and-forth here?? She left healthy and well and I'm sure mother and baby are doing fine.

Thanks again,

Zane

Mr Stumpdog.

as i say,READ the posts.

this was one of your posts.

'Zane states in his initial account that if she'd been honest and said she was pregnant that he would probably have given her some money anyway without wasting everyone's time and her having to steal and lie'.

you said she should have been honest and told him she was pregnant?.

here was part of the original post,read it and learn.

'This was a girl who was prettier than most of the freelancers one sees on at beach. We talked a little bit and everything was amiable. After awhile she moved her purse. "I have baby," she said. Wow! She was pregnant all right. "How long?" I asked. "Four months." I don't know if she was telling me she had been pregnant for four months or that the baby was due in four months. Either way, she was midterm.

"What are you doing out here?" I asked her. "Look for man," she said. "Why are you sitting way off over here?" "Aye baby," she said. (Shy because I'm pregnant.) "I want to go with you," she says. She is so far away from where the freelancers work, I wonder how she could hope to get a man.

So here we are. Off in the shadows, Zane and a lovely preggie.

Hmmm??? Maybe you can forgive me? I have never had a child. I have never been with a pregnant woman. I have never seen one naked up close. There have only been a few times when I have even been able to rub the belly of a pregnant woman. I am taken with the idea of going with this girl. She could use the money'.

so Zane knew she was pregnant before he took her home.

she told him she was pregnant,

is it that hard to read?.

and to you and MR Bones,i was not talking about the 20 baht.

"A bargirl I know called me the other day to say that she was very ill and had to have her appendix removed. I am in UK now, and couldn't verify the truth of this statement. She needed money for the operation."

obviously a scam right from the beginning - if she'd really had appendicitis and was waiting for your money - she would have been dead long before your money would've reached her

"last year she asked me for money,saying she had stomach problems and needed operation.

i ignored her.

saw her may this year and she had a bag full of pills and had to visit the clinic every week for injections.

she had lost a lot of weight and when i saw her dancing,i saw how much pain she was in.

she refused to have an operation(against doctor's wishes),afraid she would not recover from the gas and leave her son without a mother.

she died in august,the tumour killed her and i feel so guilty,i could have helped"

gastric carcinoma has a terribly bleak mortality rate- given that she died witihin a year she clearly had fairly advanced disease - its highly unlikely that even if u had sent money for an op that she would still be alive today - the vast majority of operated gastric carcinomas recur even in the setting of the top western hospitals, with top surgeons and adjuvant chemotherapy

- i don't know if that rationalisation makes u feel any better, but it should

Archived