The Ashes

Robbie9god

Suprised none of the Aussies have picked up on this one yet.

While I'm Irish I have to admit I always supported the English,at cricket anyway.Probably because they always seem to be underdogs.

Last night was the 1st day of the 1st with England rank outsiders desperate to make a good start.Since Hussain has taken over as captain he invariably loses the toss and normally following on, the match.Last night he won it.Had a chance to get off to the perfect start but blew it.He put the all conquering Aussies in to bat.

Result

After 1 day England are struggling to save the 1st test and probably the series.Australia are 364-2 with opener Mathew Hayden unbeaten on 186.England already look a beaten team.

More dropped catches!!

What was he f**king thinking?????

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

depressing is'nt it.

could'nt sleep last night and sat playing on the pc for a couple of hours with the cricket on the tv.

saw our bowler injured and out of the series and much ineptitude from the english team.

could be a good time to get money on correct scores.

Hi,

Although we Aussies love to beat the poms,we also like a great contest.

Nothing better than warne bowling on the last day needing 9 wkts to win and poms chasing a getable total.

Todays paper has a front page saying

Cant decide

cant continue

cant catch

cant catch

all with photos of the unfortunate day of injuries and fielding errors.

I dont like the way the media rubs it in the face like this,as it could be us in a season or so!!

Hoe hayden gets the double ton today.

update

6 wkts for 438

i hope the paper gives england some credit for a fight back after the rubish the printed today such as ,

Can anybody play cricket in England????

12 ways to save the ashes

Play french cricket instaed

blindfold australia batsman

give england 20 fielders

alow england to pick any backpacker in australia

sack england and play scotland and guernsey in alternating series

only one innings for australia

give england six stumps to bowl at

play tip and run

restrict mcgrath to bowl underarm

australia to field for england

australia to bowl for england

australia to bat for england,

The poms took 5 for 51 before lunch so we wait for the paper tommorow to see if they backpeddle at all.

Great fightback by england.I cannot understand how a team can be so bad one day and so good the next. ::

England 158-1 in reply to Australias 492 all out,with Trescothick and Butcher both past 50.

The aussies lost their last 8 wickets for just 128 runs.And it could have been worse had Warnie not weighed in with an impressive 57.

Don't know if it was down to aussie over confidence but they seemed just a little rattled especially when the england openers came out all guns blazing.Not that often you see McGrath going for a lot of runs.And poor old warnie getting hit for 6.And dropping catches too!! ;)

Looks like Gillespie is out for the rest of the test with a calf problem so with both teams down a fast bowler the smart money would be on a draw.Providing of course england don't have another one of their infamous collapses.Although it would be nice to see McGrath and Warne having a bowl at england on the final day with the match in the balance!!!

Nothing better than watching McGraths face after getting hit for successive boundries. ::

Call me a cynic, but I have lost faith in the Australian teams ability to put in a 'determined' effort ever since the betting scandal erupted in India some years ago. Here is a team whose members have accepted money from bookmakers for 'pitch reports' (yeah, right ...) and, in one famous case, backed themselves to lose a match.

No, its not the entire team, but louts like Warne shit me to tears. This may not be a deliberate attempt to reinject some interest into the series from the paying public (read 'punters'), but it certainly is convenient for a team which has struggled since it landed on our shores to suddenly start hitting our best bowlers all over the park ....

Listening to the Channel 9 lads call the shots here at work in Tokyo.

Ashes action

England's now 3/258 and have fought back well after their horror opening day. Let's hope they can keep it up as it all gets a bit boring when The Motherland can't compete against us serfs.

Archived