no condom?

thai3

you can go there yourself, it is open to visitors.

death and dying here is not as hidden as in the west, not put under the carpet. you will inevitably have to confront your own fragilty and get a chance to properly prepare for your own death. one day we all have to go sooner or later.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

about thailand and AIDS......

for all of you who think its safe and that they really know whats going on.

Thailand

Population:

note: estimates for this country explicitly take into account the effects of excess mortality due to AIDS; this can result in lower life expectancy, higher infant mortality and death rates, lower population and growth rates, and changes in the distribution of population by age and sex than would otherwise be expected (July 2002 est.)

last statistic on HIV/Aids

HIV/AIDS - people living with HIV/AIDS:

755,000 (1999 est.)

HIV/AIDS - deaths:

66,000 (1999 est.)

all this can be found at

http://www.cia.gov/cia/publications/factbook/geos/th.html

HIV/AIDS - adult prevalence rate:

2.15% (1999 est.)

also check out Mozambique

12.6 to 16.4%, estimates vary (2001)

1,546,643 (2001)

HIV/AIDS - deaths:

114,111 (2001 est.)

with a population of 19million people and 1,5 million ´having aids 8% of population year 1999

UN did a surevey and is updating a world fact book )know a friend that works with this) and this country now have a infected population of estimated 40% total..............

this is no secret and its not fiction.. the true numbers in Thailand are manipulated.

"also check out Mozambique

12.6 to 16.4%, estimates vary (2001)

1,546,643 (2001)

HIV/AIDS - deaths:

114,111 (2001 est.)

with a population of 19million people and 1,5 million ´having aids 8% of population year 1999"

Akarr, Mozambique can not be compared to Thailand at all. There are many reasons why AIDS have gotten out of hand there.

Poor health care (when you have other diseases, AIDS spreads easier). Also it is a very liberal attitude to sex for all in the society. If you don't have anything on the side you are not a man. Believe me, Thai men don't even come close. AIDS also hit Africa first, so it has had a longer time to spread.

I have also wondered if it is related to sexual practices? Although I have not seen any research on it, could it be that anal sex is more common?

Cheers!

well i didnt post this to be some ANTI sex campaign or to use a condom campaign.

its pure fact, a good friend of mine has a good friend that works in the UN and they are making statistics for a world fact book they releasing and also to update old statistic. worst parts in Thailand of AIDS right now is the northern parts where you have some villages where are all infected. dont be blunt i know its a small chance getting infected consider the % of people who are infected but also when moving in a high risc area where many has it, the percentage gets higher. there is no need to try to say its safe or that AIDS is just something that happens to djunkies or to certain type of people that practice anal sex.

if you got a VD of any kind then its about the same chance you get AIDS. also a misleading number is that not every one is testing themselfs.

i dont know i try to preotect myself as much as i can using a condom, but even then its not 100%

there is not so much foreigners getting infected by AIDS in thailand. ther eis the local people and also in poorer provinces. a girl returns back home after been working at a bar. she has the virus and it takes maybe just a year before the whole village is infected by it is a chainreaction

Akkar - Not sure if its a co-incidence but certainly in Pattaya, you see a lot of houses, condo's, businesses up for sale on the basis that the farang owner is in ill health, or needs to go back home quickly. Given most people can't think about the thought of going home voluntarily often makes me wonder whats taking them back so quickly. Might be more HIV around than you think. Certainly treatment is free in many parts of Europe with health care systems. Can't see your average long term holiday insurance covering this !!

Just a thought...

Cheers

Unfortunately, you assumption is too correct. Had a good mate of mine do it a few years back. He succumb rather quickly and it was always explained away to friends and his Thai partner, that it was a blood disorder.

If you read my posts Singapore_steve then you should know that i think its more Aids in thailand then people talk about... i just said that its not so much farangs that getting infected due to the fact that most of the protects themselfs. Aids or HIV can happen to anyone and if sleeping with people that are in a high risk group then the chances are higher to get something. Its up to your one if you protect yourself or not i guess.

i am not afraid of dying but its the way you gonna die i am afraid of......

anyone else having problem with thai condoms?

Archived