no condom?

thai3

>>>i just said that its not so much farangs that getting infected due to the fact that most of the protects themselfs. <<<

wrong. most expats i know who play in the scene rarely use condoms. the rate of condom users under sextourists is a bit higher i would guess, but the more frequent they come the more careless they tend to get.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

new statistic from the swedish "STD" central

in sweden there is 2 males a month that gets HIV/Aids from sexual contact down in south east asia, mostly part of the men have been infected when being on holiday in Thailand.

Thailand had a succesful campaing against Aids in the late 90´s where they had an effect of decreasing the AIDS significant. now there is an increase again and they think that is time with a campaing to inform people about AIDS/HIV also they are making plans on how to inform people about the risk there is to have a sexual contact down in east asia.

something i read in todays paper

in sweden there is 2 males a month that gets HIV/Aids from sexual contact down in south east asia, mostly part of the men have been infected when being on holiday in Thailand.

Interesting. There were about 224000 swedish visitors to Thailand last year. If 25% of those were endulging in the sex available (no idea if I'm even close on this), that would mean about 0.04% (24/56000) picked up HIV last year. Wonder how valid this figure is and if it extends to single males who come for the sex in general.

Also I wonder how many were gay.

wrong. most expats i know who play in the scene rarely use condoms. the rate of condom users under sextourists is a bit higher i would guess, but the more frequent they come the more careless they tend to get.

I think condom use among sex tourists is actually pretty good. Most guys I talk to who come annualy or therabouts are pretty diligent about using condoms, and I'm suprized at how often I hear of guys wearing two condoms because they're so scared.

The majority of the expats I know are not nearly so diligent.

"that would mean about 0.04% (24/56000) picked up HIV last year"

i guess the odds are pretty small then :)

but think like this to make your odds better. how many people have sex everyday? and how man gets aids i think you can make even better odds for yourself...

maybe 0.001% of the poeple havig sex.

i guess its great comfort for the people who got infected

• 2 weeks later...

Says flyonzewall:

I've met a few expats who don't use condoms and have no qualms about going down on these girls... in fact, they do it every time. Pretty scary... you can't reason with these guys either.

Archived