Book through internet?

I plan to book the hotels from internet. Questions:

1. Is there anybody book through "Plant holiday" or "http://bangkok-hotels.net/"

2. Is it safe to send Visa card No. to them?

Thanks

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You dont need to worry about using your card on the net. All you have to do is dispute a charge and unless the merchant has a signed authorisation the credit card company is obliged to reverse it.

The is no danger to the card holder.

Stump Dog - I was answering the question asking whether its safe to give out your credit card details and I dont understand why people have a problem with this.

I agree that if a traveller does not show that they should expect to be billed but I also believe that the card company would reverse the transaction if the hotel cannot provide confirmation other than the online booking

I just switch 2 numbers (always the same) so if something happens its just a typo!

I did not mean in cheating on my reservation! I alway take and pay what I ordered. just want to stay out of the cheating business with credit-card-numbers.

Pretty big in Krautland at the moment. They even said one should Not give his card to the waiter after dinner in a restaurant. Now how do you do this - follow him to the bar????

have a great day

MaW

A more sinister problem then just disputing a charge. There seems to be some problems with giving information over an unsecured site like email. I heard that using "cookies?" someone can get information from your computer and possibly cause identity theft. If this happens it could take years to fix all the problems. Best to have a firewall installed.

Archived