Book through internet?

Just watch out for the sites that want full payment on booking.

I made a double booking with asiavoyage24.com through www.hotelpricechecker.com but when I made my cancellation

some 10 days before the 1st stay and 3 weeks before the 2nd

stay all I received was an e mail to say my cancellation was noted and no mention of a refund.

Under the terms of their web site I should have lost just the cost of 1 nights stay.

I have contacted them several times since by e mail but have been ignored.

So basically I have lost $253 instead of the $23 I should have lost.

Not sure if this is an isolated incident but just watch who your dealing with and I would advise anyone planning to book to avoid www.asiavoyage24.com

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I used PlanetHoliday to book Montien, Surawongse three years ago with a credit card. No problem and all dealings with PH were satisfactory. The well established online booking sites are ok. I reckon so.

I used thaiconnections.com to book my last trip to LOS and would highly recommend them. First of all they don't charge your credit card until just a few days before your check-in date. And second, Peter (an Australian, I'm guessing from the accent) was very helpful when I had problems with a hotel (he got me out of the reservation and got me a good price on a room elsewhere). He gave me both his office and mobile phone numbers and told me to not be shy about calling him if I had any problems whatsoever (I did and he came through promptly). He also said their office is on Sukhumvit, which is very convenient if you need to visit them direct.

The only negative is their websight isn't as informative as some others, and their site screens do an annoying slow 'fade' from one to another. But their prices are as good as any, and the service was outstanding!

Gosh, paying $253 instead of the $23 is a pretty big scam. Maybe I will just stick to just showing up. Of course, this was the low season of October.

The endless scams in LOS really screw things up. Thanks for letting us know what business NOT to use. Word of mouth is how we do things in the good 'ol USA.

• 2 weeks later...

I have had some unsatisfactory experiences when trying to book accomodation through the net with a credit card. I tried to get a room in a resort in Koh Samet. The agency took my money and said they would send me a voucher. trouble was the place was booked out and they had me on a waiting list.

They just didn't bother telling me and it wasn't till a Thai friend checked on the missing voucher that the truth was uncovered.

Now I just deal with hotels that accept a faxed or email booking without a credit card

This summer I booked 3 times with siam-online.net. They reserved the room and asked for the credit card information 7 days before arrival latest by fax, which seems o.k. for me. They worked very fine, they even did a booking for me within two hours because I wanted to stay some more nights at the same hotel, but the hotel didn´t want to give me the same discount over the counter.

This week I had to cancel my hotel for Christmas. Because I haven´t paid yet, I didn´t any problems with siam-online.net concerning the refunds.

I don't have any experience with Bangkok-hotel but I had problem with Asia-travel. Booked a hotel with them this past July but had to cancel due to change in travel plan. The cancellaltion request was submitted within the time frame indicated. Shortly after the cancellation, I received a standardize letter saying your refund is in progress! It is now end of November and I have not yet received a refund ($320). I contacted them again via email several times but there was no respond whatsoever.

Does anyone knows who, where and how I can log a complain? csm

Archived