Unconfirmed but said they would proberly turn up;

Phiket Pete,

Bangkok Phil,

Pom Michael,

Bangkok George,

Siam Sam ?

Looks like with teams of 4 at the Bull's Head we may have 2 or 3 teams tonight,

Pre Quiz drink's anyone ????

So, extremely bad news after last nights Bull's Head quiz. What many people considered to be the best quiz has turned into the worst.

Due to a new "shy" quizmaster who doesn't like to use the microphone, they now just hand out sheets of paper with the questions and you just fill in the blanks. More like a finals exam than a fun night out with the guys. Also, the amount of time given makes it go slower than I could've imagined.

Last nights quiz ran more than 3 1/2 hours for 75 questions (they cut one round out mercifully) Amid many complaints the bar owner says that there may be some changes but then adds absurdly, "I think it went pretty well". Some teams (the lucky ones) left before it was over, and many others (likely ours) won't be going back if the next ones anything like this one.

They did correct all the answers themselves, which was fine and a timesaver. The questions were extrememly difficult, and in some cases ridiculous. A new category "Music common denominators" was used where four song/singer answers make up a common denomintor. A very poor job was done of concieving the questions though, with the worst example being that for the C.D. of animals, one of the answers had no animal in either the song or the singer, but the song happened to be on the movie sountrack for "Coyote Ugly"...or perhaps Leann Rimes has a pet iguana.

A tortuous night out...one that Liverpool Jim spent 2 hours getting to thanks to his new job out of town. Looks likely we'll be losing one of our best players at most of the quizzes now.

Oh, well, back to the drawing board. Guess I'm going to have to re-think my position on the Woodstock quiz.

Archived