Loy Krathong in BKK ?

New Petchburi Pete

Loy Krathong is what you make it really. People have fun launching krathongs into sewers here. Places to go in Bkk. The parks. Lumphini, Chatuchak, Bensiri etc. The Unis. Ram, Chula, Kaset. Of course, anywhere on the river or the main canals.There's been a timely clampdown on fireworks because there were too many drunken assholes running around throwing them at people.

IN the past I have always gone to the saen sap klong near the WTC and it was great.. i was thinking I might try it at the park beside emporium.. I really do have an issue with all the Krathongs being released into the enviroment.. That is one shitload of cfc styrofoam. I think the lake would be a better place since they will clean it up.. Might try making our own environmentally friendly one. Any suggestions?

I was thinking of a watermelon or something like that to hold the candle

>i was thinking I might try it at the park beside emporium..

It's called Benjasiri Park. ;)

>Might try making our own environmentally friendly one. Any suggestions?

I was thinking of a watermelon or something like that to hold the candle <

Water melon will be too easy to drown as it is very curvy. Traditionally we use the banana tree cut acrossed. Then we have a round material jsut just like a wooden cutting board. Then we decorate it with banana leaves, flowers, etc.

If I were you I would use a raw papaya crast. It looks like a long boat so it should stand strong in the water :p

Have fun !

::

Archived