I am teaching Thai to my TG - who knows a school?

iuytrede

Jasmine,

2 replies here :

- yes, children need to learn as quick as possible as many languages as possible, the younger they are, the more they absorb ! I do come from a mixed language family, dad spoke flemish to me, mom french, and I spend my first 10 years in the USA, so spoke 3 at very young age...... I speak now 5 and learning Thai, so yes, it is possible...........

- yes, also thai kids should know about their origins and should learn thai, to do that the proper way, the local Wat here in Brussels organise classes for those kids on sunday, and attendance is very high....... it also gives a good occasion for the mothers to get together :)

Cheers !

• 3 weeks later...

Dear I.,

I think if U do a little asking around you can find a continuing education school around. Up here in CM the GF started studies about 3 months ago. 4 hours p/day. 5 days p/week. She only got to grade 6 originally, but now seeing her do her homework at the kitchen table every day is quite a sight . :: She also attends an English class 2 days p/wk for an hour each. I figured that would be a good balance for her.

• 3 weeks later...

Hi,

She forgets most Thai. When she was growing up, we never lived close to any Thai temples, in fact I did not see the first Thai monk until 1992!!!

She seems to be fluent in Spanish now (BF motivation). What I have noticed about her though, she seems to pick up a foreign language easily, could be because she was taught 2 of them growing up or it is just talent. It could be 3 if you count German and I feel that she can pick up Thai fast in a Thai environment.

Cheers!

Archived