Fiance Visa for entry into Oz

gobbledonk

I did read the other thread re short-term visas for Oz, but the Fiance visa is different.

Basically, your partners visa eligibility is repeatedly assessed, hopefully leading to the granting of a 'Spouse Permanent visa' roughly 2 years after the initial application.

Given the events of the last 18 months, does anyone have any recent experience that bears out the rumours (or otherwise) that its taking longer to get the initial Temporary visa approved ?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Artiew,

Temporary visa takes between 8-12 months for approval pending that the applicants are clean cut no previous attempts and/or bad records of some type.

If the applicant is in Oz on a tourist visa and gets hooked up the applicant will not have to go back to Thailand to await approval of visa. Otherwise if you are here any other way you will need to go back to the country of birth and await your visa application there.

>If the applicant is in Oz on a tourist visa and gets hooked up the applicant will not have to go back to Thailand to await approval of visa.

Does it mean, if my gf is in Oz on a tourist visa and, half way through, goes to the Immigration and applies for a fiance visa, will she be allowed to stay in Oz and wait for the approval?

As tourist visas are approved within a day, that may be a loop hole...to get in and save 3 months of separated living.

TTM,

As tourist visas are approved within a day, that may be a loop hole...to get in and save 3 months of separated living.

TTM, I think we both know that Phil Ruddock isnt likely to allow that one to slip past him - it sounds like the kind of thing that would aid and abet the 'marriage-for-money' brigade.

Still, 8-12 months sounds reasonable, particularly in these trying times.

Zorba, a temp visa for what????? if you apply for a spouse visa in bkk it will take 6 to 12 months. If you apply for a fiance visa it will take about 3months. You cannot apply for a fiance visa in Australia it must be done in Bkk, however you can apply for a spouse visa in Australia once your girl is here and she does not have to leave they give them a brigding visa,that is only if they dont have stamped in there visa NO FURTHER STAY, wich you can bet your left nut that they do.

just gone through all this shit I got the run down on it. :p

Does it mean, if my gf is in Oz on a tourist visa and, half way through, goes to the Immigration and applies for a fiance visa, will she be allowed to stay in Oz and wait for the approval?

--------------------------------------------------------------------

No can do sorry! only spouse visa can be applied for in Australia , and only can your lady stay here if she does not have NO FURTHER STAY stamped on her tourist visa

Spouse or no spouse your girl will not receive a permanent visa as soon as she is approved. She will be put on a temp visa for approximately 2-3 years where immigration will once a year require both of you to attend a meeting and prove to them that you are an item still. Once they are satisfied with that they will grant her a permanent visa where the same process exists with once a year meetings to provide the immigration dept an in depth on your current relationship. Then after all that maybe 5 years down the track you TG will get her Oz citizenship. Simple but time consuming. But every country has different time frames of waiting eg. if an Italian applied for a visa it could take 2 years to be a citizen. The immigration dept has Thailand on HIGH RISK meaning that too many scams happen with the Thai people to get them into Oz. Sorry but that is the truth. ::

my lady could not stay because she had the no further stay on her tourist visa, I then employed the services of a immigration solicitor to help me, they looked at her visa handed it back and said no charge she can not stay!

embassy tell me the same, I have tried Done the leagle shite on it for 2 years I have gone through this .

just looked at the immigation site its called an 8503 stamp on your visa, under no circumstance can you stay.

Archived