Fiance Visa for entry into Oz

gobbledonk

Says zorba:

Spouse or no spouse your girl will not receive a permanent visa as soon as she is approved. She will be put on a temp visa for approximately 2-3 years where immigration will once a year require both of you to attend a meeting and prove to them that you are an item still. Once they are satisfied with that they will grant her a permanent visa where the same process exists with once a year meetings to provide the immigration dept an in depth on your current relationship. Then after all that maybe 5 years down the track you TG will get her Oz citizenship. Simple but time consuming. But every country has different time frames of waiting eg. if an Italian applied for a visa it could take 2 years to be a citizen. The immigration dept has Thailand on HIGH RISK meaning that too many scams happen with the Thai people to get them into Oz. Sorry but that is the truth. ::

yep that is 100% correct :(

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just watch the immigration solicitors...some are as dodgy as a car salesman. You need to push for her to stay and try to convince the immigration dept. Another way is to try and get a NZ passport for her..it might just be quicker.

NZL passport for a thai female..she needs to have been a permanent resident in NZL for 2 years if married to a NZL citizen or resident(Aussies included by government agreement) or 3 years under another permanent residence category ie: General skills.Then she has to pass the citizenship assessment (english ability currently needs to be as good as at university level in NZL..very tough).

Yes correct i am right in the middle of this at the moment.

Along with some other friends,

Last Tuesday a thai couple i know took their folder(large) for the meeting all went ok and thursday got a letter to go back with passport to have the temp visa stamped!!

had heaps of proof of a 10 year relationship and her visa (two yr student visa expires in less than two weeks. .

Another couple took about two weeks.

Mine they said will call us before xmas,but am expexting any day really.(have 8 months of doc's but have thai marriage certif/police reports etc.

Mine is a spouse application the others i mentioned are defacto.

And yet another couple after obtainig temp visa and expecting the two year wait got a nock on the door the other day after one year and eight months,all ok and have visa .

Zorbas info is spot on.

why does no one believe me ????????????? ::

this is straight from there web siteI am engaged to be married and wish to marry in Australia. What visa do I need?

If you are engaged to be married to an Australian citizen, permanent resident or eligible New Zealand citizen and wish to marry that person in Australia, you will need to obtain a Prospective Marriage (Fiancé(e)) visa.

People already in Australia on temporary visas are unable to extend their stay in Australia by applying for a visa as a fiancé(e). There is no visa category available to cover this situation.

I do realize if you apply for a spouse visa it is different, but you cannot get a fiance visa in Australia and have your lady stay here because of that.

www.immi.gov.au

We believe you...but every case has its own merit and yours might fall under another category. And believe me the immigration dept dont do everything by the books. My experience with the girls I have helped has been exactly what I have posted earlier. Remember the legal person you are using could be giving you the run around to make it look like "O'shit man you aint got a chance, where gonna need to do this that etc...cost you more...more time consuming etc". Shop around, get advice everywhere then colate all the info and work out what is good for you.

Here it is,

Thai girl on a tourist visa in oz,will maybe get 1 extension on that visa.If you meet her and want her to stay.from what I understand,not a chance.Yes ,6 to 12 months for fiance visa in bkk.You cannot apply for a fiance visa in oz for someone on a tourist visa.Must be done out of Oz.eg. NZ.If they are on a student visa,you must live together for a minimum of 12 months and prove to immi dept that you are a couple who plan to be with each other permanently,this is easier said than done to get a spouse visa.All in all if you need to do this with a lady here,it might save a lot of time and effort by just appling outside Oz,and yes I am way off topic again,

cheers from OZ

Archived